ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have GDI up all their prices..?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Looking at the website before (very good one) and noticed that all their stuff is really expensive..even Demontweeks is less expensive. Have they upped their prices

H&Rs just under 900quid
DS2500 just over 100quid
Blue flame exhaust 330..!

http://www.greydevilindustries.com/

From what i remember they used to be competitive....not knocking their service ive not had the pleasure myself being a Northener.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Whats wrong with those prices? Remember you get club discount. His decat is the cheapest around by far. He also has some other good deals going on. Those prices are there for a guide,I've found Andy and GDI very helpfull and competitive on prices,especially compared to K-tec.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
incorrect, NOT ALL our prices are very expensive. Many items are very competative.

we are required to sell certain items at the RRP or close to it, otherwise we are in breach of the supplier agreements.

I have just checked Demon Tweaks website and cant actually find the above items for sale for the Clio 182.

We strive to be as competative as we can on as much as we can but its not always possilble to keep all the prices down.

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/...do_DS2500_Rear_-_Clio_II_2.0_16v_172/182.html

http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/ferodo_pads.htm (prices not inc VAT)

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
How much discount do cliosport members get?? I've just bought some brake pads without realising about the discount as its not on the cliosport discount list!

Would be handy to know for any possible future purchases

No more clio's for me!
GDI prices are good imo. In the process of pricing up brake discs and pads all round and GDI are currently on top :approve: and thats without any CS discount ***cough*** ;)

182 and 5 GTT
Ive bought a few bits from GDI which have all been competitively or the best price i could find. I will be popping down to see Andy again for a brake package as soon as i get some time off.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
dannyboy172 said:
GDI prices are good imo. In the process of pricing up brake discs and pads all round and GDI are currently on top :approve: and thats without any CS discount ***cough*** ;)

Yozzasport and tweeks are cheeper for brakes..

R

rich[182]

It's not simply down to the £ with me, Have been in contact with GDI recently re. mods and their customer service is excellent, always get quick informative replies and advice imo, well impressed.

Yamaha R6
GDi are on top of their game.. I'de be quite to pay a bit more knowing my car is in safe hands.. Same with Yozzasport..

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Andy GDI said:
incorrect, NOT ALL our prices are very expensive. Many items are very competative.

we are required to sell certain items at the RRP or close to it, otherwise we are in breach of the supplier agreements.

I have just checked Demon Tweaks website and cant actually find the above items for sale for the Clio 182.

We strive to be as competative as we can on as much as we can but its not always possilble to keep all the prices down.

http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/pp/Brakes/Trackday,_Sprint_and_Hillclimb_Pads/Ferodo_DS2500_Rear_-_Clio_II_2.0_16v_172/182.html

http://www.hispecmotorsport.co.uk/ferodo_pads.htm (prices not inc VAT)

Its not a arsey post its just that the general prices seem to have increased, even with club discount this brings it at best in line with most of the competition i.e.

Suspension - H&R's 890 vs 850 or less everywhere else
Pads - DS2500 pads 100 vs 85/90 everywhere else
Exhaust - Blue flame exhaust 330 vs 280 from Blueflame themselves..

Im not saying everything you sell is too expensive just than prices on quite a few products seem to have increased on quite a few items compared to other companies..

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Aust1n said:
GDi are on top of their game.. I'de be quite to pay a bit more knowing my car is in safe hands.. Same with Yozzasport..

Most people buy them and have them fitted locally so price is the factor. If its the service and knowledge then that should be reflected in the hourly rates not their products.

Yozza's component prices are in line with the market, GDI's are above it. In fact they are the most expensive on the above mentioned items and many others. But its not a Yozza/GDI post im comparing it with Tweeks, motorsportworld and others....

My points they never used to be..

ITB'd Ph1 172
blueflame never been different
H&R always been that price

DS2500 were a little cheaper before but we had to put our prices up a little, due to our supply line.

as the above links show we are infact still competative and Tweaks I still cant find the products you show

If people wish to purchase items from us we would be pleased to look after them, it is a buyers market and we help where we can.

I agree with some of the above comments regarding service, I got my new pads through GDI and they are one of the most helpful and friendly companies I've had the pleasure of using, a few extra pence for service like that is well worth it imo.

Not going into details but I've used other companies recently and had a nightmare quite frankly, not hearing anything for weeks or getting any response to emails etc, but getting almost daily updates on something as trivial as brake pads from Bex at GDI was a breath of fresh air.

I felt their service was good, so was the price of the springs I ordered from them. Although they took bleedin' ages to arrive - but that was down to Eibach and when (can't remember his name) chased them up they were delivered 2 days later direct from Eibach UK.

trailerparktrev said:
but that was down to Eibach and when (can't remember his name) chased them up they were delivered 2 days later direct from Eibach UK.

Good job you never ordered recently then, apparently Eibach UK don't have any anymore, I've heard anything from 4 weeks to August for any to turn up in the country!

172 mk2...with clima
ukaskew said:
Good job you never ordered recently then, apparently Eibach UK don't have any anymore, I've heard anything from 4 weeks to August for any to turn up in the country!

Guess who got the last set in the UK? ;)

Big thanks to Fred @ Yozzasport :approve:

ukaskew said:

Just think how much money Eibach must lose from running limited production lines? My Sportlines were originally ordered in January, I cancelled the original order. But then ordered them through GDI in mid February got them mid April!

So did you get your set Chris??

EVOgone said:
Its not a arsey post.

lol @ Evo.

This is the third time I have seen you commenting on GDI's prices!

Price of Ledas
Price of the new brake package
Prices in general

I sense you have a problem with GDI!

I am just trying to work out your motives, but I cant.:S

I am sure if you want a discount on something Andy will be more then happy to discuss it with you;)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
BexGDI said:
blueflame never been different
H&R always been that price

DS2500 were a little cheaper before but we had to put our prices up a little, due to our supply line.

as the above links show we are infact still competative and Tweaks I still cant find the products you show

If people wish to purchase items from us we would be pleased to look after them, it is a buyers market and we help where we can.

Not questioning your service, frankly im not in a position to as i havent purchased anything from you.

My points are purely regards to price i have looked into getting new discs / pads / Coilovers etc and found GDI to the most expensive buy around 10%...

Just my experiece

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
MarkM said:
lol @ Evo.

This is the third time I have seen you commenting on GDI's prices!

Price of Ledas
Price of the new brake package
Prices in general

I sense you have a problem with GDI!

I am just trying to work out your motives, but I cant.:S

I am sure if you want a discount on something Andy will be more then happy to discuss it with you;)

No motives just my recent experience..

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
More expensive by 10% are you mad? Show me a company that does H&R's for the 182 at 800 quid and is an official dealer. GDI is an official dealer of them hence he has to stick close to the RRP. You seem to be missing the fact some of their products are much cheaper,even up to 20% on some items.
If you don't like their prices don't buy from them,there are plenty of people willing to part their cash to them,they won't miss yours i'm sure.

182 cup
The answer/solution is very simple, being the consumer
you have the choice of where you spend your hard earned
cash, either spend it or shut up.

Or you could put your money where you mouth is by starting your own
business and selling everything at cost.

EVOgone said:
No motives just my recent experience..

if there's no motive then why go out of your way to b**ch about 3 products that you say you have found cheaper elsewhere? sounds to me like your just being a **** for the sake of it.. whoever told you to be yourself was an idiot :clown:

does this mean whenever you find something cheaper in a shop that sells car products you will be informing everyone? thought not, this is another completely unsubtle attempt to cause an arguement and your not even funny with it... :rolleyes:

tiTTy & SV650
not doing anyone any favours with this thread, internet forums are a nightmare for bad mouthing and killing a company's reputation. Usually inaccurate comments and chinese whispers that leads to such posts.

As has been said if you think you can get it elsewhere, do so... don't diss someones livliehood unless they really are taking the piss e.g. LAD.

I find them competitive on prices if not better. Andy will go out of his way to give good service and please the customer whether it's with a good quote or aftersales service. End of.

Don't b**ch about companies on here. If you want to shop somewhere else then do it.

Chris K said:
I find them competitive on prices if not better. Andy will go out of his way to give good service and please the customer whether it's with a good quote or aftersales service. End of.

Don't b*tch about companies on here. If you want to shop somewhere else then do it.

hes b*tchin on here as same as every1 else .
but is wrong to sl*g some1 off without getting the facts:nono: :slap:

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Chris K said:

Don't b*tch about companies on here. If you want to shop somewhere else then do it.

I'm lookin forward to seeing your car with TB's...

Shall be erm...Interesting...

Jesus - Decent to a scots man is cheap Mate PMSL. (Your should know we have cobwebs in our wallets)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Peter.K said:
The answer/solution is very simple, being the consumer
you have the choice of where you spend your hard earned
cash, either spend it or shut up.

Or you could put your money where you mouth is by starting your own
business and selling everything at cost.

I have spent my money and saved over 100 quid on the parts i wanted....

Regards my own business well funny you should say that...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Ali said:
I'm lookin forward to seeing your car with TB's...

Shall be erm...Interesting...

Jesus - Decent to a scots man is cheap Mate PMSL. (Your should know we have cobwebs in our wallets)

You not a fan of TB's Ali or am i missing a private joke?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
kullycliosport said:
hes b*tchin on here as same as every1 else .
but is wrong to sl*g some1 off without getting the facts:nono: :slap:

Not slagging anyone off and have stated that GDI service was very well recommended. My comment where that there were expensive for parts not there services.

Saved over 100 quid on recent purchases which is over 10% saving..My comment are fair and true.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
rory182 said:
not doing anyone any favours with this thread, internet forums are a nightmare for bad mouthing and killing a company's reputation. Usually inaccurate comments and chinese whispers that leads to such posts.

As has been said if you think you can get it elsewhere, do so... don't diss someones livliehood unless they really are taking the piss e.g. LAD.

As stated all comment are regards price of product not cost or quality of service.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
TheJesus said:
if there's no motive then why go out of your way to b*tch about 3 products that you say you have found cheaper elsewhere? sounds to me like your just being a **** for the sake of it.. whoever told you to be yourself was an idiot :clown:

does this mean whenever you find something cheaper in a shop that sells car products you will be informing everyone? thought not, this is another completely unsubtle attempt to cause an arguement and your not even funny with it... :rolleyes:

Willynone......

Its a recent experince and im quite just in sharing it....people like you cause argument as they have no self control over their mouth. If its not constructive then ciao.

Keep on topic Vectra boy.