ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have they stopped selling Tesco 99 in your area?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
As above,

I went to my nearest Tesco supermarket [Winnall Hampshire] and went to fill up with some 99 super unleaded, and noticed a sign saying due to high demand of stock fuels normal diesel and 95 unleaded they could not continue selling super unleaded 99:dapprove:

I was wondering if this has happened anywhere else?

they dont sell it at my local tesco's express but sell it at potters bar. Dont know how much it costs right now but i can tell you it aint gonna be cheap for a litre.

Gaz

Flaming Inferno 225
Still sell Tesco 99 at Barnsley @ 100.9 no signs as yet if there gonna stop doing it

Think yourself lucky you ever got it, over here in the South West we never got it (apart from a few random places, such as Poole and for a while in Bristol)

DesignPunk said:
Just been down, still pumping it.

Optimax 102.9, wtf!!

Tesco 97 costs more than that here in Wiltshire, in fact the most expensive I've seen recently (no joke) is 112.9p. We always seem to have higher prices around here, don't think I've filled up for less than 100p/litre this year.

They were out last Wednesday night.

Had to fork out £1.07 a litre across the road at Shell :(

RenaultSport Clio 172
jonesyx said:
the only tescos that have it are in the south of england
Barnsley has it. Thats near Sheffield. Which isn't near anywhere southern! I believe it's the 99ron stuff too.

Renaultsport Clio 182
Had 99 ron in Coventry Tesco but had now stopped but they still charge the same price for the 97 stuff

Fletch123 said:
Day do you know if the Eastleigh Tesco garage still does super unleaded [99]?
Theres a Tesco in Eastleigh?

Where lol

I've been going to Bursledon all this time :eek:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I think Tesco's are making up excuses, saying the demand is high for stock fuels, and as a result they cannot justify selling 99. On several occasions the supermaket where i used to get the fuel from had sold out of the stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stop selling 99 altogether, and just raise the price of standard 95 ron fuel.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Day said:
Theres a Tesco in Eastleigh?

Where lol

I've been going to Bursledon all this time :eek:

It might be the one in Bursledon mate, all i know is it's just past Havesters [Ham Farm] and before Eastleigh town center.

I avoid Eastleigh if I can Fletch ;)

Is it a proper supermarket or one of those Garage/Metro stores?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
tim182 said:
Does it really make that much difference - normal unleaded - super unleaded ??

I used to always use Shell Optimax, or Tesco 99 untill my girlfriend filled up with normal Shell 95 ron fuel, and imo there is very little difference between the two performance wise. But i do find the car idle's better on the higher octane fuels [BP Ulitimate, Shell Optimax, and Tesco 99] now i still mostly use Shell Optimax, because of it's cleaning properties, but if i have to do a long motorway journey then i now just fill up with normal 95 ron fuel.

clio gone :(
Here in Maidstone it's 102.9 - clubcard points are always handy I suppose?

Tesco 99 Fuel is being used for the British Rally (or so it says on the pumps) so I'd assume it's here to stay? Also, I'm sure Tesco 99 RON is like 1% bio ethanol which means they get loads of tax breaks from the Government?

You could get it in York and Wakefield.

My local BP round the corner has that 104 octane stuff. It's £2.42 ltr and you need a pin number off the shop before you fillup. i.e. pay first. The lad behind the counter that they had only sold 2 tanks to date.

Ad

MK2 FRS
andyleigh said:
cant get it in warrington, only get 97, does anyone know where you can get it?

st helens is the nearest for you bud. not too far, depends on which side of warrington you are.