ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault clio 1,2 16v
Hello everyone i have rencenly purchased my first car (renault clio 1.2 16v)
When i am parked and turn my steering wheel left or right i get loud clunking sound and also in a particular spot when turning.
I have taken my car to a garage so they could have a look and give me a diagnostic on the noise they said that it was a broken n/s coil spring
i have replaced all coil springs front and rear i have changed my driveshafts o/s and n/s and all tyres however no change tie rods seem fine can someone help me please!?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Track rod ends
Ball joints
Bottom arms (wish bones)
Steering rack....

It could be anything. I'd personally take it to another garage. One that can actually be bothered to diagnose a fault properly.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I get this on my mk3 close to lock both ways, I always just assumed it was because Renault.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Strut top mount bearing buggered, the noise is the coil spring jumping and probably the cause of the spring to break in the first place

Clio 182
Having the same problem with mine at the moment. A friend noticed that the rack was moving. So I think mine is that. Will let you know when Ive done my epas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
As I said I've never investigated as I didn't think much of it, be great to find a fix though if there is something up.