ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help required to pass MOT on 182.

CLS, RS MEG
Hi Cs

Ok, just got back from travels and trying to get my car road worthy again. The clio had an MOT this morning and failed on the following:

FAIL:

-Offside front (broken) Coil spring (I have standard springs and suspension)

OTHER Advisory Items:

-Offside rear position lamp slightly affected by the operation of another lamp.
-Offside front Macpherson strut has slight movement at the upper attachment

To fix these three problems, (sit down) £570+VAT, i've declined and want to sort this myself before re-testing. I know the spring is obtainable second hand through the forum and ebay, which will then pass the MOT.

But i would like to adress the Macpherson strut problem as stripping the suspention leg down to add a new spring, i may aswel fix the upper attachment. Am i right in thinking bearing joint?
The lamp problem they suggested was an earth fault, could someone please point me in the right direction to the earthing for the car?

All in all i want to do the work myself, and save some cash

Thanks, Robert

330i. E30 Touring.
£570?! f**k me.

Pretty much, new coil spring is easy.

Inspect the shock. It could be because of the broken spring, but standard dampers are picked up on here cheap enough. Same if it's a knackered top mount.

CLS, RS MEG
I think the damper is OK, i'm waiting for birchdown to get me a part number for a coil spring and a strut top mount. (Birchdown were not the company in question, lol)

Anyone got second hand springs?

Best bet is to get some eibachs, about £150 inc del and its a full set. Standard renault spring is about £120.