ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

henrys ek9 thread.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, I actually miss my car a lot. I want it back so I can put her all back together! Infact, that reminds me, I need to make a list of clips etc, that I broke during the dismantling...
I really want to keep the standard wheels, but they stick in far too much! Been thinking about getting a set of 20mm hub-centric spacers for her, just to see how they look with a little more offset.

Like utter p0rn would be my answer

Charged Superleggera
Wow, I actually miss my car a lot. I want it back so I can put her all back together! Infact, that reminds me, I need to make a list of clips etc, that I broke during the dismantling...
I really want to keep the standard wheels, but they stick in far too much! Been thinking about getting a set of 20mm hub-centric spacers for her, just to see how they look with a little more offset.

for 20mm spacers you will need extended studs henry. Proper ballache to fit though. i would just buy a different set of wheels instead of messing around with spacers. A set of 98 spec teg wheels always work well and still in keep with the oem theme.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
i had TE37's with the +43 offset which filled the arches nice
019.jpg

S2000 + E91 330D
for 20mm spacers you will need extended studs henry. Proper ballache to fit though. i would just buy a different set of wheels instead of messing around with spacers. A set of 98 spec teg wheels always work well and still in keep with the oem theme.

AWH MANNN. I reeeeeeeallly wanted to keep the wheels standard though.. hmm.. are the studs on spines through the hub?

S2000 + E91 330D
i had TE37's with the +43 offset which filled the arches nice
019.jpg

I like the TE37s, but I hate seeing champ white car, with different shade of white wheels..

If I was going to get some wheels, I'd have to for some CE28Ns 16" with some mental offset.

Last edited:
  S2000 + E91 330D
Had a trip over to the bodyshop today after work! Everything is pretty much rubbed down and ready for paint!
Should only be a couple of weeks now maximum!

5579937980_c1e5e0171e_z.jpg

Honda badge holes goneee!

5579938422_a883c71f7c_z.jpg

5579353275_df178c57ea_z.jpg

:)

Be interested to see this once it's painted and detailed! You losing the badges or did you just want the option to pick and choose whether you fitted them?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
AWH MANNN. I reeeeeeeallly wanted to keep the wheels standard though.. hmm.. are the studs on spines through the hub?

get 20mm hub centrics with the new studs fitted in them, then bolt the spacers to current studs and chop the old ones down to fit the wheels....

S2000 + E91 330D
You losing the badges or did you just want the option to pick and choose whether you fitted them?

Yeah, just wanted the option to run with/without. I think I'll keep her de-badged but keep the Type R Decals on the side + rear

S2000 + E91 330D
get 20mm hub centrics with the new studs fitted in them, then bolt the spacers to current studs and chop the old ones down to fit the wheels....

I've been speaking to a chap on the Ek9 forum, he supplys them 15mm or 20mm that bolt onto the existing hub and studs.. ! So f**king excited about getting the car back.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yeh but you will have to make sure that the studs dont foul the rear of the wheel.... other wise you have to cut them down :(

Charged Superleggera
I see what malice means henry but in order for the bolt on spacers to completely cover the studs the smallest size spacer is 27mm unless ofcourse you cut the studs down and go with a smaller size spacers but i have never seen that done on a honda and dont know how safe that would be tbh

Also take it you are getting the spacers machined by Freakyparts henry?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
if you need to cut the studs down its completely safe, the spacers slide over the studs and have new studs in the spaces between the old ones, you then put nuts on to the old studs, then chop them down flush to the spacers.... your wheel then goes on to the new studs and put wheel nuts on....

S2000 + E91 330D
I see what malice means henry but in order for the bolt on spacers to completely cover the studs the smallest size spacer is 27mm unless ofcourse you cut the studs down and go with a smaller size spacers but i have never seen that done on a honda and dont know how safe that would be tbh

Also take it you are getting the spacers machined by Freakyparts henry?

Nope, been speaking to martin from mwtech racing

S2000 + E91 330D
no, not had anyone here on ek9.org have to do that. there is a recess in the back of the wheels which allow the 15 to sit on flush, some wheels maybe different but no japanese car to date has had any fitting issues whatsoever, stock or aftermarket wheels.

martin

Asked about if I would need to cut down the studs to fit the 15mm spacers.. He says not? Hmmmmmmmmmm..

Charged Superleggera
can easily measure it henry but i dont think 15mm spacers would clear the studs. Freakyparts is a machinist, has complete hubs and makes spacers from scratch and his measurement were that for the spacer to completely cover the studs, sizes would start from 27mm, which to me makes sense.

S2000 + E91 330D
little update;
been told the car will be sprayed monday! 4coats NH-0, 4 coats clear.. So should have it by the end of the week fingers crossed!

decided it would be a good idea to start making a list of all the little parts i've broken removing the interior, also need to get myself a set of amber side repeaters..
then ended up cleaning all the interior parts in the sun! :)

5606605818_28427a8b72_z.jpg

First Japanese receipt found! :approve:

5606608364_68c7e5e4f4_z.jpg

The parts! :D

5606027271_7628fb852d_z.jpg

Spray spray spray spray spraaaaay

5606615312_a172cc3754_z.jpg

ewwwwwwwwwwwww!

5606618428_4f541bc1db_z.jpg

yayyyyyy !

5606603434_47aa3732ae_z.jpg

all done :)

didn't get any pictures, but i put some interior shampoo stuff on the rear carpets + door card material, came up a good 'un!

really can't wait to get the olde girl back and give her a proper seeing to inside! roof liner, carpets, seats etc!
also want to put all these pretty parts i've been gathering on her!

Looking forward to seeing the results. If your painter is as skilled as you say that along with plenty of layers of paint and the car should look spot on.

S2000 + E91 330D
The old girls got a lick of paint on her ;)

5613027513_88e96d5556_z.jpg

Parts about to be lacquered

5613609470_6f29a5fbb2_z.jpg

5613611106_fe77fdeb38_z.jpg

Shell had just come out the oven, needs to be rubbed down and polished..

Fingers crossed should be ready for Friday :)

Looking good that, weren't tempted to shave the radio aerial?

Btw if you want the contact details for an awesome detailer once it's all done just to give it the finishing touches let me know.

S2000 + E91 330D
Looking good that, weren't tempted to shave the radio aerial?

Btw if you want the contact details for an awesome detailer once it's all done just to give it the finishing touches let me know.

Tbh it had never crossed my mind, having the aerial shaved. now you've mentioned it, I'm going to be thinking "I should have had that done.."

I'll be in touch about the detailer, i need to talk to someone about whats the best thing to do with a freshly painted car..

Sorry mate wasn't my intention. I think as and when I get mine if I have the spare cash to go to town on a full respray I'll drop the aerial in favour of an internal or one wired to the rear window heating element.

He does travel if needs be and I'm sure he'd be only too happy to offer advice for after care on new paint.

S2000 + E91 330D
oh... hai :eek::eek:

5622599140_ea02f3626e_z.jpg

5622600456_04e1c4976d_z.jpg

5622601870_43973594ec_z.jpg

5622597568_70144f6f39_z.jpg

She's finally home :)

Put a few things on since she's been back ; door handles, skirts, wing mirrors, door strips and rear plate holder
I was so excited when I picked her up, can't wait to have her all back together, although I'm going about 1mph doing everything so I don't slip and scratch anything :approve:

More updates coming over the weekend hopefully...
HND ASSIGNMENT? NAAAHH I GOT TO PUT THE EK BACK TOGETHER!

This thing is going to look flawless once it's back together. At this rate once I pick one up we'll have to sort a CS EK9 meet.

225 Cup & Williams
Ek9 type r is deffo gonna be my next car. Yours is coming along nicely mate cant wait to see the finished article.

S2000 + E91 330D
She's 95% back together, the windows are being fitted on Tuesday!
I've found 2 patches of paintwork which have been flatted down, but then missed with the buffer. Only very small areas, but being anal as I am, I noticed them when it was in the garage..
I've been talking to Jim from WhiteDetails and I think I shall be taking the EK9 to him for a good session to finish her off ASAP !
Fitted the lower control arms and tie bar! (The keen eyed will notice the anti roll bar is missing - I'm waiting for new drop links)

5649468668_2f9d6c24f5_z.jpg

5649463036_25ea706557_z.jpg

5648910931_ca0bdacfeb_z.jpg

Putting the lip/grill back on the front bumper

5648906289_8614b55ffb_z.jpg

5649470536_3312b73c29_z.jpg

Orange repeaters replaced the shitty clear ones

She's coming along nicely now,
Looked at insurance which has dropped considerably now I'm 21. £650. Makes me laugh when the cheapest I can get insured on my 106 1.1 is £470.. !!?? I don't understand insurance pricing.

ANYWAY.
Hope you're all having a nice weekend!