ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HMMM any idea lads im stuck

leon cupra R
Basically when u have left your car outside over night and its cold etc or when you leave it standing a while and you move off you hear the brake pads and the discs like rubbing together 'frinction' etc but normally that noise disapears when the discs are warm !!
Mine doesnt its like anything under 20mph nd i hear that noise even when turning

the wheels are not rubbing on the arches !
Brake pads arnt low from what i can see!

????

BMW M135i
Its the surface rust that forms on the discs overnight, the noise is it getting scrubbed off. It should go away after a few decent brake applications.

leon cupra R
hmmm been a few days now but i havent really been braking hard etc
its fine when im over 20mph but when i turn it sounds like the wheels are rubbing on the inner arch but i checked and cutt away the arch inner even tho there aint any scrub marks lol

BMW M135i
Ah right just read again, won't be the brakes I don't think. Wheel bearing? Not sure that wouldn't really go away with more speed.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What car? As my standard wheels rub on my 172, but don't make any noise unless on near full lock.

Rears appear to rub all the time.

Could be a wheel bearing, mine was speed dependent.

leon cupra R
ahh unfortunately its a saxo vts lads, had the same on the clio but noise was there when i was driving at any speed

with the vts cant really hear the noise over 30mph

Mk1 Maxim Sport
I had a similar problem to this mate with similar sort of noises. It only made a grinding noise when at low speed and full lock. Turned out to be the drive shaft.