ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hottest ever Clio

GR7

Shiny red R32

From todays Auto Express magazine:

Image removed due to copyright issues.

[Edited by Lee on 09 March 2005 at 10:20am]

Ziel Nurburgring

Jeremy- Is this going to be available from a local dealer or is it friends of renault only?

MKIII 138

haha i was just about to order a 182cup and have borrowed some money to help.. hmmm. nice as it will be this is another marketing ploy.

Personally i think 182hp is enough for the clio and 17" is for style not handling. as for the plaque you can shuv that up your twin pipe.

if i wanted 200hp id buy the 182cup and wait to find out how renault were releasing the extra ponnies and just get it done. alternativley get a decat/induction/remap and not be too far off.

also think about economy and think mainly about insurance the 182clio is just on the edge of being affordable if it were grp 17 or 18 even with worse economy and higher road tax also it would be a little bit stupid.

basically im still getting the 182cup

tiTTy & SV650

dam, might have to upgrade... nah (unless it has a 6 speed box of course)

[Edited by rory182 on 09 March 2005 at 9:55am]

[Edited by rory182 on 09 March 2005 at 9:56am]

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

??? Why would they release this ? Doesnt make sense if there is a new hot hatch clio due out next year (which sounds like the one described above)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 09 March 2005

??? Why would they release this ? Doesnt make sense if there is a new hot hatch clio due out next year (which sounds like the one described above)
We might have to wait until Jeremy sees the article and he will probably know all about it!

Just noticed that they will all be yellow! :cool:

they need to get rid of their existing stock of cars

always see new special models like this released when a manufacturer needs to tdo the same

meggerman - it would cost more than £1k to retro fit all the parts that have upped thwe power, so your belief is seriously blinkered if you think that it would be cost effective for you to do it that way

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

If anything they are probably trying to cash in quick on the back of the success of the 172/182/cups before the new model is released.

I personally think they should spend time looking at all the issues with the models above and get that right before the new model comes out. They work a bit like microsoft, get it out now, get the cash in and f**k it we will fix it later.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thats rubbish!

(the autoexpress article)

[Edited by Tom on 09 March 2005 at 10:23am]

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

Just like when they released the Exclusive at the end of the mk1 172 run.

It could be a way of getting rid of old stock or just to go out with a bang.

[Edited by Manney on 09 March 2005 at 10:21am]

Oh and I want one!! 2 number 17s parked in the garage would be cool.

Ziel Nurburgring

I still want one.

If they are going to put 200bhp (autoexpresss guess), then where does that leave the next gen clio. They surely cant release a lower powered car to succeed it, can they? Have i just talked myself out of it?

so explain to me why similar problems still exist in the 182 from the 172 ?

because renault are useless

Suzuki SV1000S

Basically says they are going to release a new clio that will be in showrooms by the end of the summer, and will have in excess of 200bhp, and uprated suspension etc..

oh - and cost only £1k more than the current 182

Mk1 172 Exclusive No.17

Good point. The change from the mk2 172 - 182 wasnt that great in terms of styling whereas the mk1 - mk2 172 was a lot different, and I would suggest that the new generation clio will be alot different than the current 182.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Green on 09 March 2005

gutted. pic removed.

Could someone e-mail it to me please?
Just a picture of a red 182 next to an R5. £1k extra for 200bhp, special yellow (£1150 option on the 182) 17" alloys and a few interior mods. SO in the end its price tag wont be a problem

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Chris Green on 09 March 2005

gutted. pic removed.

Could someone e-mail it to me please?
I can PM or email it if anyone wants copy!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 09 March 2005

How hard would it be for them to do a survey though. I would be happy to spend some time filling in a form if it meant that they listen to customers issues and make a real effort to sorting them out. Would make a great car even better!

Mk2 172 (Silver)

How hard would it be for them to do a survey though. I would be happy to spend some time filling in a form if it meant that they listen to customers issues and make a real effort to sorting them out. Would make a great car even better!
maybe they are already....see thread http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=146469&PagePosition=1here

maurice - think how many people buy new clios, its just not feasable for them to do such a thing

occasionally a dealer will ring you up, but thats the best best youll get from most manufacturers

sadly the renault is cheap compared to its rivals, with this in mind you have to accept that it will 1, break down 2, rattle like hell, due to cheap build quality 3, rust eventually, their paint is poor 4, customer service will also be dire

you bought a renault, and lets face it, the problems that accompany them are to be expected, so we really cant moan about it

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

maurice - think how many people buy new clios, its just not feasable for them to do such a thing

occasionally a dealer will ring you up, but thats the best best youll get from most manufacturers

sadly the renault is cheap compared to its rivals, with this in mind you have to accept that it will 1, break down 2, rattle like hell, due to cheap build quality 3, rust eventually, their paint is poor 4, customer service will also be dire

you bought a renault, and lets face it, the problems that accompany them are to be expected, so we really cant moan about it
true.

Dirty E91

I had someone ring me up and ask me about the dealer who I bought my 182 from, they asked me to rate them from 1 to 5.

Was some market research company on behalf of Renault.

Lee

BMW M2C

Renault Birmingham actually have people who call you up and ask how your experience was with them. When I first dealt with them a couple of years ago I was not impressed. They have made massive improvements over the last 12 months, in service and customer support. Both dealers I use are great in that area.

MKIII 138

so will it be a 182cup + £1000 price or 182 cup options + £1000.

just wondering because for £11400 you can get 182cups from internet retailers.

Suzuki SV1000S

It is gonna be a Clio Trophy mate! Think it will look flatter, after looking at a couple of places on the net.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 09 March 2005

It is gonna be a Clio Trophy mate! Think it will look flatter, after looking at a couple of places on the net.
Would be good if it is a V6 lookalike!! ;)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 09 March 2005

so will it be a 182cup + £1000 price or 182 cup options + £1000.

just wondering because for £11400 you can get 182cups from internet retailers.
Dont forget it will be a new colour ~ maybe a new version of the Williams ~ but yellow instead of the blue!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by GR7 on 09 March 2005
Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 09 March 2005so will it be a 182cup + £1000 price or 182 cup options + £1000.just wondering because for £11400 you can get 182cups from internet retailers. [/QUOTE]Dont forget it will be a new colour ~ maybe a new better version of the Williams ~ but yellow instead of the blue!

:eek: