ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do i go about fitting a 172 engine in a 1.4 rt 1999

1.4 clio rt heap !!
how and would a clio 172 engine fit into a 1999 1.4 rt ? i know id deffo need a gear box thats all i know , want a faster car and NOW !! and i dont want to have to wait till august due to some bullsh*te with my insurance, cheers

Suzuki Ignis
Chill out,good things come to those who wait.
Does your current car do 70mph? Coz you know that your not allowed to go any faster than that anyway ;)
Just wait till you grow up and treat a car and the roads with respect, atm you sound like you'd crash it within a week.

1.4 clio rt heap !!
i would buy one but the problem is my insurance company are rippin me of to change my car so i thought stick a bigger engine in i t for now but ive done a bit of research and its not worth wastin the money on the heap any way , got plenty of time to wait so somthing pretty good must come cheers any way ....

Astra van,Mk1 nova
we all have to deal with the cost of insurance, either bit the bullet or forget about it! I was totaly ripped of when i insured the cup at 19! but thats the price of having a faster car

M135i
same as about. if your prepared to pay for it. great.

the cost and hassle of getting a 172 engine plus extras, and trying to shoe horn it into your current car, then trying to insure it is a total waste of time and money at the moment. wait a while. i paid £2800 on my insurance when i was 19 on my 172 cup.

how and would a clio 172 engine fit into a 1999 1.4 rt ? i know id deffo need a gear box thats all i know , want a faster car and NOW !! and i dont want to have to wait till august due to some bullsh*te with my insurance, cheers

Let me guess... you want to race ur matez :rolleyes:

1.5 Clio Dynamique
how and would a clio 172 engine fit into a 1999 1.4 rt ? i know id deffo need a gear box

congrats

you hav found out the first key bit of knowledge when planning a engine transplant

and it isnt going to be as simple as changing a wheel there are so many different things that have to be done and so many different skills for a engine change its unreal.

but for normal road use i would consider it a complete waste of time and money.

have you ever thought of setting off for a journey a few minutes earlier so speed wouldnt be a problem or is it just to ''impress'' your m8s down on your local asda car park