ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how do you remove wiper stalk on a Clio 2?

Renault Clio 4, 2016
hiya - how would i remove wiper stalk on a 2002 clio 2 ? - can i replace it without having to take off steering wheel? - can i just remove top and bottom steering column cowls and just remove some screws and take the wiper stalk out or do i have to remove steering wheel?

cheers

ZachB

ClioSport Club Member
I think you need to remove the squib to get to it and that means wheel off, its 2 torx screws for the stalk. not 100%. Look at the guides there might a few pictures that you can work it if you need to remove the wheel

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 cup
Squib?? - never heard that technical motor engineering word before ... is it the same as the doodah? ?
When i switched mine out i dont remember taking the steering wheel off, I thought i had to take the two plastic bits that wrap the steering wheel column.
Remove The top and the bottom one if I remember correctly.
The things that the sticks go into. Im sure thats how i changed mine. I defiantly didn't remove the steering wheel.

I think theres 3 fixes on the bottom under the housing. and then the top one should lift off? I think.
Then Two screws. Pull the stalk off. Then reverse.

Im fairly sure thats what i did.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Squib?? - never heard that technical motor engineering word before ... is it the same as the doodah? ?
Squib is a non-magical person who is born to at least one magical parent. The opposite of muggle borns. Squibs are quite rare apparently.

Renault Clio 4, 2016
wonder if its just these 2 torx yokes then holding the stalk then? cause i can see these without removing the steering wheel, be a bit awkward to get to with the wheel on ... but should be doo-able

stalk1.jpg

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 cup