ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how do you wind back the tensioner for the alternator belt on a 172, f4r 736 engine?

As the title says need to put the alternator belt back on but the tensioner dosent look easy to move. Does anyone know how to do this or is there a special tool required?

Cup Packed BG 182
Re: how do you wind back the tensioner for the alternator belt on a 172, f4r 736 engi

you need a tool with a square piece, i have forgeten the size though, i made one when i did mine.

Re: how do you wind back the tensioner for the alternator belt on a 172, f4r 736 engi

The jubille clip worked thanks alot. while im writing has anyone got a bonnet for an 02 plate clio preferrably in black?

ITB'd MK1

Fabricated tool. Job done

IMAG0440.jpg

BMW M135i

Just need something thats the right shape with a 3/8" square on the end iirc. Sure its 3/8" and not 1/2".

RS mk2 172

I used a 3/8" long extension bar but was awkward and tight.