ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how good r golf vr6

Audi TT 225 Quattro

my m8 just brought a mk3 golf vr6 2.8 (174bhp) but probley shed loads of torque for £600 on a k plate , will i be getting a goodpasting when we go for a blast, ive got a 1.8 16v at the moment but will b a 2.0 in 2 weeks will this evenout the odds???

Audi TT 225 Quattro

forgot to say car has done 90k came with 5months mot no tax and in good condition, not a bad deal imo alot of car for the money, but i reckon it will b a thirsty b*****d...

Clio 182

£600 for one sounds good, they are on the heavy side and they 0-60 in about 7.5s so aint that quick but i enjoyed my old one

Extremely dull cars in my experience. Boat like handling and generally un-inspiring to drive, although the upside (if you like that sort of thing) is that they are quite relaxing.

Engines sound quite good, but not very quick at all. Would come a long way down a car list for me, just behind 2CVs. ;)

Audi TT 225 Quattro

nice that ^^^^ woundnt mind that for £600;), ill show him this threed. hows it go against ur 182??

[Edited by jay s on 21 August 2005 at 5:24pm]

Clio 172mk2

Performance

Engine Size:
2792 cc

Cylinders:

0-60 mph:
7.4 s

Power Output:
174 bhp

Valves:

Torque:
235 Nm

Torque:
173 lb/ft

Top Speed:
140 mph

Costs

MPG:

Insurance Group:

Audi TT 225 Quattro

Quote: Originally posted by MarkM on 21 August 2005

Quick enough in a straight line but dont like corners.

bit like my valver with the wagon wheels on (17s)

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

they are absolutlety crap on fuel my mate had the highline they can sound abit rattly (timing chain)im not biased towards the vr6 as i own a 172 but my mates vr6 obliterated a 172,and we went past a saphy cosworth 160mph this is all true as ive got nothing to gain from lying,but i must say when i had a go in it i never felt in control

hows it go against ur 182??

ive never really put my 182 against it but ive been in it (to that photo shoot) and it doesnt feel that quick. hes got a supercharger kit on its way from america now anyway so wont bother!

sounds awesome though, sounds like no other car around.