ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How much for a 36k service on '02 172?

02 Clio 172Mk2
Hi folks.

Just been to my local Renault main dealer in Bath (Platinum) - who quoted me £399.57 for my 36k service that's now due on my 172.

Unfortunately (!) my car didn't get seen as someone had threatened to burn the dealership down so the police were in, and I left at the end of the day with an unserviced car and a quote for a service plan for £45 per month to cover my next 3 services (including the 36k one now due.....)

The massive cost of the service plan aside - does anyone else think that £399.57 is expensive for a 36k service, and can anyone recommend somewhere in the Bath (or surrounding area) that would do me a quality service?

Cheers.
Jer.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Very expensive. Shop around.

I haven't had mine yet but was quoted £268 all in and that includes auxiliary belt change too.

This was Benfield Renault, Heworth, Gateshead.

Thats odd. I phoned Platinum in Bath when I needed my 36k service and they quoted me about £300 quid I think. They were the cheapest out of them, Fish Bros (Swindon) and Mike Allen (Swindon).

Went to Fish Bros in the end as they did a price match with Platinum.

This is a laugh, they are robbing cnuts!! I've been quoted upto 400 quid WITHOUT the belt!! Cheapest including the belt so far is 390 from Tooleys in Essex, anyone heard of them?? Getting p1ssed off with Renault, half of them haven't a clue anyway and I'm sure they make the prices up as they go along as I phoned Dartford again today to see if they could price match with Tooleys (which they couldn't/wouldn't) and their price went up anyway!?!??!

02 Clio 172Mk2
Exmouth aren't they? Bit of a way to go..... Probably closer to come to you Mike! What's your cost for a 36k service including a belt change? Cheers. :)

Clio 172 mk2
Genius said:
Hi folks.

Just been to my local Renault main dealer in Bath (Platinum) - who quoted me £399.57 for my 36k service that's now due on my 172.

Unfortunately (!) my car didn't get seen as someone had threatened to burn the dealership down so the police were in, and I left at the end of the day with an unserviced car and a quote for a service plan for £45 per month to cover my next 3 services (including the 36k one now due.....)

The massive cost of the service plan aside - does anyone else think that £399.57 is expensive for a 36k service, and can anyone recommend somewhere in the Bath (or surrounding area) that would do me a quality service?

Cheers.
Jer.

That's Bath Renault for you....they quoted me over £600 to do the cambelt next year:(

I'm in the same boat...172 needing servicing and still not sure where to take it in the Bath area.....was even thinking of the safest option and driving down to Rentech.

Cup 172
Just been quoted 325, best price so far.

Two dealrs told me i didnt need aux belt doing and one told me it was a minor service. Muppets.

One quote me 499. When I told him I had a better price he dropped straight down to 375. Robbing @£$ts

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Join the 36k club matey.

I had been asked to pay £367 by one stealer and then £350 from another, after some moans and comments im getting it for £280.

Mike@rentech is doing it for £250 + aux belt. So say around £300 or so. Hes in portsmouth.

R

rich[182]

Had mine done today @ GDI £331 inc aux belt, pollen filter & Silkoline 5W-40 fully synth oil (- filter as Ive ITG panel) had rear discs & pads done too,well worth the 300 mile round trip, customer service top notch, great bunch, def going back their shortly for some mods, great run for the car too on the A1

Nicely rounded off about 20 miles from home when a Scooby that'd been hanging all over me trying to pass against busy oncoming traffic was put to shame by a turbo'd Nova GTE when he finally took me when it cleared a bit, 5 mins later the Nova was pulling out of a petrol station as I drove past and he pipped horn & flashed, was well funny