ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How Much Is This 16v worth

Golf V6 4Motion

hello there;

1996 1.8 16v. 2 owners from new naples red, 72k on the clock. absolutly immaculate with full service history. no rust or anything like that

only mods are magnex exhaust, k+n filter, kenwood cd player and clarion speakers.

still has original airbox and original headunit.

how much is it worth?

Golf V6 4Motion

yeah - where abouts? I would say about 2.5k myself but it is advertised at 3 and I though this was a bit steep. it is taxed and tested too.

LY 200

Id say at 72k with fsh, a later one in supposed excellent condition he is well within reason to ask that price!!

I doubt youl find one like this cheaper unless the guys majorly after a sale!!

You got any pics of it??

Golf V6 4Motion

yes but urs had tasteful mods such as smart 17s and had had the head gasket done and clear repeaters etc and hill power chip etc if I remember rightly.
thing is at 104k you have already replaced all the stuff that goes wrong with valvers at around 80-100k - i.e. steering coloumn, steering rack, and so on. thats the only thing that worries me about these slight lower mileage ones.

i bought mine two years ago, tungten grey, normal shocks, silver speedlines with leather, magnex, de-cat, piperx, with a recent tune up, with full ICE for 2450 and that had no rust etc etc.

I would have said that 2.5 is about right but thats just me. For 3k Id rather buy smokeys 2.0 valver with a 54k williams block in - wouldnt you.

LY 200

Mate tbh the more standard they are the higher the price will be for a minter imo as they are the original thing!!!

You will need to look at it tho to see if it really is a minter!!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah mine had a few mods but they dont really add value.

Well id be willing to pay up to 3k for the right one id just have to make sure it was mint.

2.5k is the average for a good cond one though id say

Golf V6 4Motion

yeah cheers

mine was a mint one, with leather with a few nice mods - thats what i base it on. yours was mint tom and you sold yours for 2.5k, high mileage yeah but if its mint its mint in my book. and if the engines been rebuilt and parts replaced then thats better than waiting to do it yourself in my eyes.

anyway ill go see if it is mint and ill let yas know if i get it. looking at 106 gtis for the same price and a mint 306gti-6 - valver is just better cus its a valver!

As has been said, you can have my 2.0ltr valver with willy interior for £3k

All engine parts replaced during conversion, its had £12k spent on it