ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how should i shut him up

Punto/Clio GTT

easy people. my cousin has a 1.4rt clio and hes stumbled accross a williams engine. he now wont shut the f*ck up telli9n me how his clio is gonna eat mine. im gonna put everythin on hold and try and seek a gtt lump. would the turbo lump drop into my clio 1.4 (1997 mk1 ph3) relativley easy? Would i need to make new engine mounts?

Will the renault 5 gtt be faster than the williams with a few mods or as standard?

cmon people, ideas! lol, cheers

FM

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

hes going to put the 2.0 in the rt?

isnt that kinda tricky?

It should go in nicely (the 5GTT lump), just make sure you uprate bits of the engine such as head gasket before you up the boost! Think it would be an interesting contest!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 22 March 2004

isnt that kinda tricky?

Hummmm...Is it possible for starters??

Punto/Clio GTT

i have no idea. hes a mechanic, can do virtually anythin with a car , b*****d lol. hes gettin a written off williams, serious back end smash.

ok pete nice one. any idea of the cost of a 2nd hand gtt lump from local scrapyard?

FM

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

willy ngine should fit, but hope hes uprating a few other bits too.

ud need to spend a fair bit of cash on the GTT lump to keep up i think.

Just get a 100 shot of nos on ur 1.4 [:p]

the engine bays on the clios are identical so a 2ltr will fit a 1.2/1.4 etc. Its just the subframe setup thats different (i.e springs, wishbones, arb) but i suppose this wont be a problem for him if hes got a willy with the frontend untouched....

As for the 2ltr vs GTT i think itd be quite close; the 2ltr should be superior top end but depends how far behind the GTT (if itd been tuned) it is when you reach that sort of speed.....

Punto/Clio GTT

is the gtt a 1.8?

i remember when he had an astra gte 2.0 16v n we raced a mk 1 rs turbo. it was literally neck n neck all the way round roundabouts n off traffic lights.

pretty much the same really as gtt vs williams aint it?

FM

the GTT is a 1.4

the GTT will piss on a williams with a few mods

the GTT will fit in a 1.4 no problems but uprate the brakes ASAP

2005 Nissan Navara

Quote: Originally posted by AJRMOTORSPORT on 22 March 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 22 March 2004

isnt that kinda tricky?
Hummmm...Is it possible for starters??
erm, the williams is a clio, so is the RT.....see wot im sayin

BMW 320d Sport

Theyll both go in if youve got the time and the inclination. As standard I shouldnt imagine therell be a great deal in it, as far as speed goes. However, GTT engines are so easy to tune up that it would be crazy not to mess with it before putting it in.

Punto/Clio GTT

sorry bout all the questions, just tryin to figure out exactly what im gonna need and how much im gonna have to throw at it. Will my gearbox, (mk 1 phase 3 1.4) go onto the gt turbo engine? or will i need the turbo box too?

cheers

FM

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Im not a mechanice but try this...

Walk up to him in the style of John Wayne and say "What ya lookin at punk"

When he gives you a look as if to say "Huh"

Slap him across the face,give him a right hook,follow it up with an uppercut,grab his left arm and drop him to the floor and finish off with a Boston crab..that should shut him up ;)

Remapped derv Golf

Hope hes uprating the sh1tty drums!

Just get a Real Williams! At least you wont fall off the road and he will. I mean you can pick them up for 4k now!

Or just buy a Pulsar GTIr and put him into next week!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you can keep the pas with the gtt engine you just need the electric pas pump off a clio deisal version.both engines would fit in easy enough but i would have thought the willy engine would be slightly easier.you would need to uprate your brakes and suspension in both cases.the gtt engine can be easily tuned to generate some decent hp.with both the engines at standard i doubt there would be much in it.