ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How To Make An LED Work In The Interior Light

Renault Clio mk2
I was changing out my interior bulb today and ran into a problem I have see on a different thread, where an led bulb swap in the interior light doesn't fully work in all modes (when doors open light auto turns on etc.). I got a multi meter and measured the voltage and found that when switching from door mode to light always on, it switches the polarity.
My solution to this problem is to get two led lamps hot glue gun them together and solder them to each other in opposite polarity. So therefore when the light is in door open mode one of the led lamps light up then when you switch the light to always on the other led lamp lights up due to the polarity being different, hope that makes sense and it is an easy enough fix if you have basic soldering experience.
Image below of the final led lamp that works!!! :smile:
p.s on the image the polarities are labled on the leds just follow the wires and you can see what goes where.

Attachments

• IMG_5387.JPG
    IMG_5387.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5388.JPG
    IMG_5388.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 84