ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How to make exhaust quieter

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
The exhaust on my Clio is loud, as one would expect being the engine it runs...

But my wife hates it, it gives her a headache thus she wont go in it.

Its having the Belts and Dephaser done and i get it back Monday, Is there anything I can have them do to try and silence it a bit?

Its an odd question I know considering ha

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
What exhaust is it? Only thing really is add a extra silencer box. If is decatted add the cat back in.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There's lots you can do.

Put a standard exhaust back on it.

Change the exhaust for a quieter stainless one.

Fit a cat back in it if it doesn't currently have one.

Add a silencer to the centre section if it hasn't got one.

My wife finds even the standard loud. Hates the clio shame really cos we are going to Germany in it. Derestricted roads ha ha. Let's See if it will do 140 its going to be booming

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Fit a pair of these.

peltor_eardefenders.jpg

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
As far as I am aware its running a new standard exhaust fitted last week by the dealer who sold it to me.

Will adding a silencer effect its performance or economy?

DB.

BMW 440i
I found this with my Clio when I had a Yozza on it and just felt like I was driving around in a chav box despite the great build of the exhaust.

I went ent back standard despite the poorer quality as I liked the peace and quiet of driving a normal motor rather than sound like a chavvy 17 year old

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Yea sorry my phone defaulted to that.

For me personally its not too much of an issue, but I wouldn't mind if it was quieter.

When i get the car back i will get under and take some pics and upload them. Then we can go from their with way to quieten it down

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Two options.

A. Standard Genuine exhaust £260ish iirc
B. Yozza/BTM stealth, quieter than standard and stainless but around £400

Iceberg 172
I have one of these exhausts, I can't wait to replace it with a stainless. Changing the exhaust hanger is an absolute b**ch on it too.