ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

how to uprate electricials for subwoofer lights dim on clio 172

clio sport
Any one know how to do the big three alternate nary wire upgrades and which aftermarket battery is best and cheaper to buy optima batt expensive

Polo + Micra
you'll cure most of your light dip with upgrading the earth from the chassis to the neg on the battery

and the optima is worth every penny if you ask me

You might want to look at fitting a capacitor mate a battery may not fix your problem how much rms is your amp etc what are you running?

Polo + Micra
You might want to look at fitting a capacitor mate a battery may not fix your problem how much rms is your amp etc what are you running?

trust me a capacitor does not work. it just adds more load to the electrical system.

i was running best part of 1200wRMS and upgrading the chassis to battery earth and fitting a yellow top pretty much eliminated all light dip

clio sport
Power cap I think good for short bursts of electrical supply to amp during deep bass, i running 1500rms amp and I turn up volume I also notice some of the bass is missed maybe due to low current

Last edited:
  Polo + Micra
if bass is lost then that is the cap pulling power away from the amp as it has a lower ESR than the amp

clio sport
na i relised its the renaults eletrcial system which needs upgraded i.e. big 3 alternator 0 guage wires to and from battery termnals and chassis and an uprated battery also helps.

Polo + Micra
i wouldn't say the alt to batt needs upgrading as it is only rated for about 100 amps which would go down 6 awg with no probs which i think it isn't far from that