ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I’ve had to call the Police

Most garages have a disclaimer saying they will not be held responsible for any personal belongings left in car, when my car was in the body shop a few weeks ago i even had to sign a disclaimer.

Would be nice if we lived in a society where we could trust everyone but we dont :( as its your word against theres i doubt there is really much you can do about it :(

3.0ltr V6

david if you think everybody would like to know then my faceparty user name is uk_gal1. Nothing to write home about so dont get excited but a pic of my car is there and I have a BOYFRIEND!!!!!!! Lol.

I dont think it was renault either as I have said but I dont want to calim on my insurance, thats not fair. If nothing is sorted then I will go to Renault Head office and see what they have to say.

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by miketheman2k on 25 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by dazraffan on 25 February 2005

BMWs have a key too lock all the cubby holes thats what renos needs

so you can not open them with the normal key

:mad:thiving w**kers
But the irony is, a BMW dealership wouldnt dream of upsetting you, let alone stealing all your stuff!
Apart from the Victoria in MK, whose engineers wrote a customers M3 off when they took it home over the weekend.

if i remember corectly , you said that or car was put on a transporter ??

if it was .. pound to a pinch of sh*t , the transporter firm would hav been through it .. especially having the keys all weekend !!

I threw a wobbler at a renault dealer for getting my carback with ave fuel consumption 12.5 mpg over 10 miles .. turned out that the car had been sat for ages idling .. its more than their job is worth to be doing stuff like that .. anyway wot kind of perv goes knickin sports bras ?? (or is that a dumb question LOL)

mind you .. if i had half the chance .. !! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 27 February 2005

Thanx toon :oops: did you see my little old V6 which got stuff nicked from! Im still upset at this.

yep, a shame, i had a similar thing happen when my old Clio was recovered from the M1 after an accident and the front to my Top spec Pioneer Stereo was stolen. It was worth nothing to the theif if they do not have the stereo as well. Everyone involved claimed they knew nothing!

182BG

sorry to here about that bailey. Just dont let them get away with it, if you keep on them hopefully will compensate you for the loss.

Nowadays you cant trust anyone.

My mate took his car to a garage, he made sure he emptied everything, but he left his crutches on the back seat (he has crutches coz he has some condition that makes him sometimes find it really hard to walk)

Anyway, when his brother dropped him off to the garage, the crutches had gone... they told him there werent any crutches in the car

I MEAN FOR F*** SAKE, who the hell would want to steal someones crutches!!!

We all went down there and had a few words, managed to get them to pay for the crutches, their excuse was "apparently one of them took them out coz they were in the way - and they got stolen. hahaha

he was having a new accelerator cable put in, so how they were in the way , i just dont know.

3.0ltr V6

It was put on a transporter yes by another firm as im sure it wasnt renault. I just cant believe it still. I didnt think I would have to remove my stuff as leaving it in the hands of a garage. FFS. I have reported it to the Police and to the AA. The Police said as I left my vehicle in the hands of the AA it should be their responsability for the loss who ever took the stuff!

Does your mate have ME lee? The condition where people get really tired and therefore sometimes need crutches. Sounds like it. How come when you push people for the truth, it all comes out! Least you got compensated.

theres a commonality deeloping here. I think its the transport people most probrably as they are less culpable in the end so they are most likely to steal from your car.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 25 February 2005

It went to John Feltwells in Huntingdon but it was collected by the garage called Allways in Huntingdon. Like you say it can only be one or the other! I KNOW the stuff was in there before. I always clear my car out if I leave it for a long time as in the Airport but on this occasion I didnt think it was necessary. How wrong was I. It has been to Renault on a few occasions ie service and stuff and there has never been a problem before. mmmmmm.

Yes im female Matt. Dont have any pics apart from on my faceparty account.

go back to the dealer and kick up a stink if i was you

3.0ltr V6

I went back into Renault after finding out about stuff was gone and confronted them. they totally denied it and said there is nothing they could do and that I should go back to the AA who sorted it all out for me. I dont know what else I can do. Ive spoken to Renault, ive made a report to the Police and ive spoken to the claims department at AA. I just hope someone is going to compensate me. Its actually not the money but the fact that I trusted them with my V6 and its contents. Trust no-one!!!!!

R26

Sounds about right. My old boy left a camera in the boot by mistake when his car was in for service at Renault. He remembered, phoned them up to tell them - they went out to check in the car - came back to the phone to say "yes we have your camera", so when he went back to get it - they said no there was no camera there! How blatent is that. All I can really say is kick in

Quote: Originally posted by davidol on 25 February 2005

lol so whats ur username on faceparty then :oops: wooo hoo im the first one to say it. How many of u were hoping someone else would ask ;)
Not me you sad c**t.

Sorry to hear the news Bailey, my dad had a few bits nicked once and never got them back..i guess without proof youre a bit buggered. I keep about 30 CDs in my car, theyre my world! So before my car goes in for a service i take everything out. I know i cant trust them as my local dealership managed to crash my car within its forecourt!

-Rob

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Wouldnt it be great to have some mini-cameras installed in our cars that we could access from a video phone? Maybe one near the interior mirror with a fish-eye lens so that you saw most of the cockpit and another one in the boot?

Simply dial-up the cameras and see whats going on, on your own mobile! You could probably take it one stage further and have passive-IR versions that sent you a clip if it detected any movement on camera. Maybe a bit impractical for the cockpit one, but very useful for the boot - especially if they have no need to go in there in the first place.

D.

Quote: Originally posted by ESCOBAR on 28 February 2005

All I can really say is kick in
kick off even .

looks like its stalemate there ... looks like you gonna have to put it down to experience ... still hedgin me bets on the transporter company ( big fat hairy arsed mongrel trying to fit into your bra .. cos hes a freak!!)

3.0ltr V6

lol @ vee6. Very true ( big fat hairy arsed mongrel trying to fit into your bra .. cos hes a freak!!)

Im not letting it go though guys. Someone will PAY!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by vee6 on 28 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by ESCOBAR on 28 February 2005

All I can really say is kick in
kick off even .

looks like its stalemate there ... looks like you gonna have to put it down to experience ... still hedgin me bets on the transporter company ( big fat hairy arsed mongrel trying to fit into your bra .. cos hes a freak!!)

In the defence of transporter companies, i had my car towed away by the AA a few weeks ago and the guy was a top bloke ;)

When my 172 was being towed off after an accident all the CDs got stolen out of the 6 CD changer. 3 companies had the car until I revisited it, and all of them denied ever seeing the CDs. On-time recovery or D&G autos stole my stuff. Dont trust anyone.

yeah it is scary but im afraid it happens all the time , i had friends cars vandalised when being recovered. wndscreen smashed , windows left open in rain etc etc

Think about it .. these scroats live ini caravans on the side of motorways waiting for accident/breakdown victims.. probably not seen a woman in months .. and when a bra pops out of a glovebox .. well .. xmas and bday come all at once !! plus a pair of sunglasses to take home to big fat ugly wife, whom he aint seen in weeks .. get my drift .. yuk .. what a sight

you aint the first or the last to suffer this kind of theft .. putting it down to a life experience is about all you can do im afraid.. make sure that if anything ever happens to you again .. everything is taken out

3.0ltr V6

Well im looking to sell my V6 at the moment and buying the MK2 and I beleive they have LOCKING, lol glove compartments! Mind you saying that and thinking about it, they would have my keys wouldnt they! Silly cow. Scrap that last comment people.

It has really shocked me and taken all my confidence in people. I have had my house burgled and now my car. Im just shocked that you leave it in someones hands that you think are trustworthy. How wrong can you be!

I can just see this big fat hairy mumma wearing my sunglasses and playing my Ministry of Sound on their stolen cd system, ewww, what a thought but NO I am not going to put it down to life experience. I will get someone to compensate me as why should I take that! I dont think so.

is it worth the agro on the mind ?? call yourself a silly bugger for makin a mistake and move on .. a few cds and s/g aint worth the hassle .. and you wont make the mistake again!! ..

i mean this fukkin government robs u n me blind ,everyday of our lives!! and noone complains about those fukkers.. !!

3.0ltr V6

i mean this fukkin government robs u n me blind ,everyday of our lives!! and noone complains about those fukkers.. !!

Oh but I do I do I do vee6!

E91 M Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Bailey on 01 March 2005

Oh but I do I do I do vee6!
After reading the last 3 pages, I can quite believe you do! ;)

3.0ltr V6

lol. Dont you worry. Im not a girl to be messed with :oops: afer all I am a blonde, blue eyed female driving a V6, wot more can I say....