ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I have a Clio diesel. I have questions.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Daniel earlier in this thread you mentioned a 206hdi gti. I looked them up and they look awesome! What's the GTi bit about though? Is it just a body kit I presume?
Suspension, seats, wheels... Basically a gti with a Diesel engine.
With the DPF removed and mapped, they are really reliable too and go like stink!
My last one had 135bhp! Lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks dude, they're cheap too apparently!
Yep. Cheap ones do crop up!
Mine was a 54 reg moonstone, done 99k with proper history and the bloke wanted £1000! I ended up giving him £800 for it. He'd not long spent £600 on dpf removal and remap! Lol.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Suspension, seats, wheels... Basically a gti with a Diesel engine.
With the DPF removed and mapped, they are really reliable too and go like stink!
My last one had 135bhp! Lol
The petrol one only has 137bhp don't it? Lol

Bet the diesel one goes well with the torque advantage over the petrol too

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You'll hopefully find its not used anywhere near the full tank. I've no idea why my old dci done it. If it has genuinely used the full tank in just under 500 miles though something definitely sounds amiss
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426751067.907215.jpg

I did lie a bit, 507 miles I did. What do you reckon?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It works out at 50 mpg, which is still bloody good!
So the trip is lying to me! Mother fucker says I'm doing 55mpg! Lol.

I do 100 miles a week (I only use it for work, I hate it) so I suppose £10 a week to get to work is ok really.

Thank you all.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I never put more than 44 litres in my DCI. To the point that I thought they had 45L tanks. I used to drive mine flat out all the time (as you're aware you have to!) and it never did less than 45mpg on the road.

So the trip is lying to me! Mother fucker says I'm doing 55mpg! Lol.

I do 100 miles a week (I only use it for work, I hate it) so I suppose £10 a week to get to work is ok really.

Thank you all.

Sounds good to me imo. Sad thing is, I do the same miles weekly for my commute too, wish I only put £10 in!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds good to me imo. Sad thing is, I do the same miles weekly for my commute too, wish I only put £10 in!
When I had my recovery truck I was doing 1000 miles a week. At 22mpg...
My shell loyalty card was healthy! Lol

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I pretty much get 500 to a tank although have seen over 750 when being careful and the turbo wasn't ruined. Now I struggle to get over 58mpg on the dash though no matter what I do. Most of the time it's flat out on the motorway or town driving so never going to be good.

You can get 48l in the tank if you really run it dry however the fuel gauge isn't the most reliable ever.

Listerine & Poledo
running a derv to the dregs in the bottom of the tank isn't the best idea is it? From what I've heard anyway

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
running a derv to the dregs in the bottom of the tank isn't the best idea is it? From what I've heard anyway
That's a myth mate. The fuel pick up is on the bottom of the tank so it makes no difference anyway. I think people used to have problems with their fuel tanks rusting and then blocking up the carb.

I've taken a few tanks out of cars now and never found any grubbyness in the tank.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That's a myth mate.

It's not a myth. Filters have gotten better these days hence not as many people get crap pulled through their injectors, but it's still possible and not recommended.

It's more about stuff floating on the surface than sitting at the bottom of the tank.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It's more about stuff floating on the surface than sitting at the bottom of the tank.
Diesel has a fairly low specific gravity. There's not much floats in it. Nothing that would float in it would be any worse than what could possibly sit in the bottom of the tank anyway.

I've ran my tank to almost empty for 40k miles and it's done no harm.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Diesel has a fairly low specific gravity. There's not much floats in it. Nothing that would float in it would be any worse than what could possibly sit in the bottom of the tank anyway.

I've ran my tank to almost empty for 40k miles and it's done no harm.

Well, it sounds like you know best so I'll just go back to working with diesels every day as a qualified maintainer and leave you to it.

Listerine & Poledo
In answer to the REAL questions in the thread:

Turinis
Silvervisions
FMLand coiliez
Cup badge
Monster stickers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd have thought 50mpg was a bit low in a dci65 tbh. Although it depends how stop/start your commute is I suppose.
10 miles to work, 10 miles home.

3 of those (each way) are stop start/crawling along. The rest is 40-50 mph motorway traffic.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
@Martin_172 will coilovers from a 172 cup fit my dci??

(Please say they will, please say they will please say they will....)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a set on their way to me now. Going to carry out a bit of drilling and filing on them! Lol

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Updates? I've got an 80 £20 to tax but I spread the payments £1.75 a month
Keep getting asked to sell it but it saves me a fortune. Currently got a mate of scoffs mapping it for me so I'll update with results.