ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Just Got an Immense Deal On A 182

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Re: I Just Got a Emense Deal On A 182

Guessing it needs belts? Don' think it's that cheap either as its a none cup pakced version.

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer

will need the cambelt doing wont it

Megane R26 + 182

How come it needs a cambelt doing? after how many miles will one need to be done? Cheers James

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Cos of age, it's 5 years or 72k for cambelt and 5 years or 36k for aux, so needs both

Lionel Richie

not just miles son, AGE too, 5years from new = new belt time regardless of mileage

182trophy & Williams

well done mate.......sale of the fukin century with that mileage

audi a6 3.0tdi

Cambelts goes of age not just mileage as the rubber perishes

Far too slow :(

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

Its the age and how long the cars sits or gets driven.Not the miles as such

Cracking deal tbh.Get some anthracite wheels and a small drop and a couple of bits and that will look great

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Not really that cheap considering the belts need doing and it doesnt have any cup packs.

Got a decent trade in on your old car though

I'm confuzzled?!?! £5995, non cup'd, and needs £400 spending on belts? Maybe £4500 would be a deal lol.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Non cup'd
Will need belt
I'd be lookin seriously over the milage!! Clocked!

Turbo LY R27

Guessing it needs belts? Don' think it's that cheap either as its a none cup pakced version.

+1 6k for a non cup packed at the mo seems like a lot to me, even if you got money off coz of part ex. Hope you enjoy it mate. There fun cars.

BMW M135i

Belts will be a stinger and personally i'd rather have one with a few more miles on it, if its genuine that'll be one of the "slower" ones. Not bad for 3.5k but not really a mega deal for one sans cup packs.

Megane R26 + 182

Lol, if belts need to be done, belts will get done. Tbh im really happy with it, came with a years warrenty and is in super good nick. Mileage has been gone over, and checked out. One woman and one old man driver. Cheers for your comments lads, much apreciated with the info on the belts answell ;-)

Focus ST

Do you mean immense rather than emense?

Seems expensive considering!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Belts will be a stinger and personally i'd rather have one with a few more miles on it, if its genuine that'll be one of the "slower" ones. Not bad for 3.5k but not really a mega deal for one sans cup packs.

Was 6k not 3.5k

Do you mean immense rather than emense?

Seems expensive considering!

Does it eck. It has only got 9000miles on it which will always carry a premium, it's barely a years average milage plus it was bought from a trader/dealer so it was good price IMO.

Cars cost money to run, this is a fact! so belts and servicing are to be expected. People on here would be knocking £50 off if the fuel tank was empty next lol.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Trademark Cliosport positivity...

Well done mate, enjoy her :)

That many miles will mean you'll have to drive her a bit to get it up to speed, but everything should be as new. With that in mind, take your time running it back in...

Does it eck. It has only got 9000miles on it which will always carry a premium, it's barely a years average milage plus it was bought from a trader/dealer so it was good price IMO.

Cars cost money to run, this is a fact! so belts and servicing are to be expected. People on here would be knocking £50 off if the fuel tank was empty next lol.

So 9k miles in nearly 5 years? Its not run in, its been sat for a long period of time then or used for very small journeys on an irregular basis.

Id rather have bought one on 40k TBH.

So 9k miles in nearly 5 years? Its not run in, its been sat for a long period of time then or used for very small journeys on an irregular basis.

Works out at just over 2000miles/year. Could have been a weekend car that was used for decent runs who knows. The condition of the car would probably give clues to this.

I've never known a forum like this one :D it's too cheap, it's too expensive, 100k is considered 'stellar mileage, its got too FEW miles on it :D :star:

I wouldn't. 9k will still be like new. Chances are one with 40k will be worn inside etc, stone chips.

I bought my 182 with 5k miles on it and couldnt find a single blemish on it anywhere.

Yeh, but when did you buy it with 5k? a year old?

It wasnt recently as youve had the VX/Exige/TVR, so its not really the same.

Buying one a few months old then id agree with you.

Think it was 2 years old.. Can see what your saying though, depends what you want really!

And even if it was a 'weekend car', its a renault FFS, they are built to be ragged, and lets be honest, they are pretty reliable.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Works out at just over 2000miles/year. Could have been a weekend car that was used for decent runs who knows. The condition of the car would probably give clues to this.

I've never known a forum like this one :D it's too cheap, it's too expensive, 100k is considered 'stellar mileage, its got too FEW miles on it :D :star:

Knowsit.. my 172 is 70 miles off the big 100k ;)

Well even if you'd all rather buy a well used one, this guy is happy with his purchase and I don't blame him. Plus he'll be able to sell it for more than high mileage ones later on.

Megane R26 + 182

I have a new friend!! :eek:

Looks a nice example.

Low mileage is excellent for the cars age.

Get the belts done if you can and enjoy driving it.

Megane R26 + 182

Well even if you'd all rather buy a well used one, this guy is happy with his purchase and I don't blame him. Plus he'll be able to sell it for more than high mileage ones later on.

And another new friend!! :cool: