ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I Just Got an Immense Deal On A 182

172Cup
Re: I Just Got a Emense Deal On A 182

3.5k for a car with 65k Less miles, bigger engine and in really good condition. I think thats a very good price to pay!

but you've not paid 3.5k have you.... unless you want to think you gave your old car away for free :S

you've paid 6k

"ive been in the trade for 40 years...i knew john renault himself...hell i played football with his dad..."

tbh, dealers pretend they are bending over backwards for you, doing everything they can to offer you a good deal...but they are not...

personally to me...it sounds like you are posting this to try and desperatley justify, you trading in your car for this "better than all other" 182s...which is fair enough..

Cant belive how many miles its done

cars are ment to be driven..?? i dont see how milage should affect it...i dont give a f**k about my milage..tbh

in lovely condition and drives really well.

I would bloody hope so...considering youve spent the equivilent of 6 grand on it...drives really well??? wtf does that mean??

I managed to Px my 1.4 clio with 75k on the clock for £2250 (no mods).
And then got him to swap my private plate over for free!

im sure the dealer will have a nice mark up when he sells your car..tbh....as for the private plate? they would take it off anyways when they sold it...plus i would expect them to pay it tbh..

172Cup

I think when he says "drives really well" he means that the steering wheel turns the front wheels, the brake pedal makes the car stop....the shocks move up and down etc etc etc :clown:

B

Ben^

[/quote] im sure the dealer will have a nice mark up when he sells your car..tbh....as for the private plate? they would take it off anyways when they sold it...plus i would expect them to pay it tbh..[/quote]

No??? do dealers sell cars with profit in them?!?

Well I never!!!!! :p

He probably stood the car in for less and discounted the 182 but who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has got a 182 he is happy with, the guy wasnt boasting!

He is just exited becuase he has gone from a 1.2 to a CS 182!!!

Give the guy a break!

im sure the dealer will have a nice mark up when he sells your car..tbh....as for the private plate? they would take it off anyways when they sold it...plus i would expect them to pay it tbh..

No??? do dealers sell cars with profit in them?!?

Well I never!!!!! :p

He probably stood the car in for less and discounted the 182 but who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has got a 182 he is happy with, the guy wasnt boasting!

He is just exited becuase he has gone from a 1.2 to a CS 182!!!

Give the guy a break!

excuse me son...

i think you better back down from this "crusade" that you appear to be on...

i gave my oppinion on what i thought of the situation...i never flamed him like other people...

so deal with it...

A4 DTM/iceberg cup

buy it nice and keep it nice. how much is a decent valver worth these days... wouldn't worry about it mate if you're happy and its the car for you then you've done well. if you wanted to make an investment then you wouldn't buy a car...

B

Ben^

excuse me son...

i think you better back down from this "crusade" that you appear to be on...

i gave my oppinion on what i thought of the situation...i never flamed him like other people...

so deal with it...

I am not on a "crusade", just fed up of people putting negative comments on in this place.

"ohh the belts will sting you" - "bit expensive that" - "not really a good deal"

I disagree but even if it was, does it really matter and do that many of you have to repeat what the other has said?????

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Its a internet forum if you can not deal with negatives dont post, this thread would never have gone this far if the title was "i px'd my 1.2 for a 182" or something.

But due to the title every one was expecting a 3/4K 182 with all the extras, but instead.

We have a decent deal(from a dealers) on a car that is Average, low miles and no cup packs. IMO i would want cup packs on my 182.

Last edited:
B

Ben^

And you are welcome to your opinion, but if 8 other people had just said the same thing as you, would you really need to post it up again?

Clio 182

Canny good bargain that fella, good price for your car too, especially as a trade in

B/G 182 + PH1 Track

Well in that case do you need to voice your opinion on other peoples opinions, swings and rounderbouts..........

Thread like this always end up the same, reminds me of "am i the youngest owner of a 182" thread. Discussion happens.

By you ideal each thread would have 3 posts .

Original post

2nd post that agrees with original.

3rd which disagrees with original........thread closed.

Its a internet forum if you can not deal with negatives dont post, this thread would never have gone this far if the title was "i px'd my 1.2 for a 182" or something.

But due to the title every one was expecting a 3/4K 182 with all the extras, but instead.

We have a decent deal(from a dealers) on a car that is Average, low miles and no cup packs. IMO i would want cup packs on my 182.

That sums it up pretty well.

B

Ben^

lol - taking it to the extremes there but I just think people should lighten up and let the guy have his moment, perhaps its just me.

M2 Competition

For 2.5k part ex you could have had my cup. That would have been a good deal ;)

Congrats on getting the new car though mate :D

Is a great feeling.

Renault Clio 1.2

What are all these negative comments about the belt needing replacing? Its only done 9,000 miles. Surely the belt would not perish in that time, ie 4/5 years. Its rubber or a rubber composite, unless they are sneakilly designed to go after 5 years so Renault agents can coin in? The belts must be tougher than that otherwise they would snap well before 72,000 miles.

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172

Not sure how good a deal it is, but main thing is that you enjoy it!!

Will be a nice feeling having an almost "new" 182, something most people on here can't imagine and would probably like to (can I sense jealousy round here with all these posts?).

It must still smell like a new car!! lol

What are all these negative comments about the belt needing replacing? Its only done 9,000 miles. Surely the belt would not perish in that time, ie 4/5 years. Its rubber or a rubber composite, unless they are sneakilly designed to go after 5 years so Renault agents can coin in? The belts must be tougher than that otherwise they would snap well before 72,000 miles.

Leave an elastic band in the garden, what happens to it?

Its 5 years or 50/60k miles, cant remember which.

Clio MK3 Work in progress

Got my 182 2004 reg other day for £4,500 with a low milage.

There great cars, as long as ur happy with it.

Ah the joys, perosnally I looked at that car but not having any cup packs and the fact that Cambelt and Auxbelt are due this year means that his immense deal is actually pretty crap tbh.

B

Ben^

Ah the joys, perosnally I looked at that car but not having any cup packs and the fact that Cambelt and Auxbelt are due this year means that his immense deal is actually pretty crap tbh.

What do you drive?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

You paid £6k for a non cup packed 182 that needs £500 worth of servicing?!

Tell them to keep your deposit and get one elsewhere.

I stopped reading on page 4 so sorry if it's already been said.

What the tree huggers are failing to realise here, is that a few people are only saying it's not a great deal because of the thread title. It's an ok deal to some, not so good to others, but it's certainly not emense, and TBH I think that's all anyone was saying.

EDIT: as for Cliosport having a reputation for slating half it's members, that's because half of them are cunits :evil:

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member

Pretty crap deal is a bit ott really. Its not that bad a deal and the belts don't cost that much (got mine done for under £300). Yes the cup packs would be a bit better but only a bit.

If he is happy then that's the main thing. He certainly didn't get completely ripped off did he!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Stopped reading at page 4, i'm not even at end of page 3 yet ;)

Deja vu 182

Good car mate , not a bad deal as long as your happy thats all that matters . Change to turini s , lower it , fit carbon splitter and cup spoiler and suddenly the haters will become lovers??? (sounds odd that) . This is what i m in the process of having done and i owned a cup packed and now have a non cup packed ish . Myself i bought a low mileage now on 21k at 4 years not had a problem :D

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

lol rip off of the century, no cup packs, needs belts doing fail tbh

Da

Less
Re: I Just Got a Immense Deal On A 182

God there's some clowns in here! :dapprove:

Congrats on the new car mate we all love that feeling! Ignore the know-it-alls on here so long as you're happy then who cares how much you paid!

:D

120d M Sport

"ive been in the trade for 40 years...i knew john renault himself...hell i played football with his dad..."

tbh, dealers pretend they are bending over backwards for you, doing everything they can to offer you a good deal...but they are not...

personally to me...it sounds like you are posting this to try and desperatley justify, you trading in your car for this "better than all other" 182s...which is fair enough..

cars are ment to be driven..?? i dont see how milage should affect it...i dont give a f**k about my milage..tbh

I would bloody hope so...considering youve spent the equivilent of 6 grand on it...drives really well??? wtf does that mean??

Lol wats with all the negativity? what u getting at there? want the lad to hang his head or sumat lol?

Anyway...Fair play Jshrubb bet ur over the moon with ur new purchase mate enjoy it!!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
i don't agree with this cup pack shizzz. how comes half of us roll on coilys and sportlines etc etc.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Re: I Just Got a Immense Deal On A 182

This forum is known on other forums for its massive negativity towards other members, we should all be happy he has bough a Cliosport, even if it cost him £10k. It doesnt matter, the forum is here as a community for people with the same interests and cars

I don't see why. If he paid £10k he'd deserve to get called a c**t tbh.

I agree with most, it doesn't look like a brilliant deal, it was alright considering it's a trade sale and he PX'd his car. But my mate bought a 182 with the suspension cup pack earlier last year for £6k.

And regarding the issues with milage. I don't think people are saying they'd prefer a car that's got cum stains on the passenger seat. But more that they'd prefer to buy a car that's been thrashed rather than one that's engine is comparitively seized.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
i don't agree with this cup pack shizzz. how comes half of us roll on coilys and sportlines etc etc.

Cup packs add value and and hold value better because they were factory extras thats the main reason.

Hub spacing is different aswell iirc.