ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I know this has been done to death but....

Vectra :(
....All i am after is a yes or no answer from the people in the know.

I currently have a green panel filter, i was wondering about an induction kit and the highest my budget will reach is viper or bmc money really. I know the best would be maxogen but i dont fancy paying silly money for a IK.

Mods i have now are

Ported Inlets
Ported Plenuim
Sports Cat/Decat (depending which ones on)
Hillpower Silicone bend
Air feed relocated to behind foglight
Cat back system
Uprated feul regulator to sort fueling.

Probably wont be getting a remap in the near future.

Will a viper with these mods add to the performance or will it still lose power as with a unmodded car?

Opinions?

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Will still need a remap if you get the viper to see the gains from it. Get the Maxogen everytime IMHO

Found a company on the internet the other night, cant remember the address now but it was from europe, maybe dutch but they did a group N ecu specifically mapped for use with a viper. Cost was about £300 i think and you didnt have to send them yours in exchange...might consider this if i really must change the ecu

stick with the std airbox, in most cases the gains arent too noticable once everything else in the list has been done.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I personally wouldnt bother with the BMC/Viper either. I have pretty much the same spec as your car barring the inlet and plenham mods (a job for the future) and find it is much more driveable than when I first got it.

I'm suprised by the low RR figures you achieved based on the mods you have. Before my map I got 174 and after 178 with a gain of around 15 lb/ft. This was before my sports cat so I estimate it should be anywhere between 180 and 185bhp now.

len_beach said:
I personally wouldnt bother with the BMC/Viper either. I have pretty much the same spec as your car barring the inlet and plenham mods (a job for the future) and find it is much more driveable than when I first got it.

I'm suprised by the low RR figures you achieved based on the mods you have. Before my map I got 174 and after 178 with a gain of around 15 lb/ft. This was before my sports cat so I estimate it should be anywhere between 180 and 185bhp now.

The results could have been due to the RR i was on, Nick said he had never had a 172 produce anywhere near 172 bhp on his RR. The only cars to ever reach the manufacturers spec on his RR were williams. He says the 182 are even worse for it making about 170bhp sometimes...dont know if this is down to the road or not. Will have to have a go on another RR to compare as things vary lots i have heard. When i had a ford puma i had it on 3 different RRs and the bhp varied by 10bhp on the readouts between the different garages.

Also someone on here (edde i think) said that the 172 was the french hp and the actual bhp was 166bhp? something like that anyway.

If i took it to L.A.D and had them RR it i would be at 200bhp :)

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I suppose it gives you confidence in Nicks products as he doesn't need to falsify results using a dodgy RR.

I don't know why you have spent all that money on the car. You obviously know about L.A.D and know that just by having the car within a 5 mile radius of their facilities will increase its output to over 200bhp as they have managed to create a man made made whirlwind in the atmosphere just around the inlet of every Clio nearby, instantly making them the quickest on the planet.

Ben

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
Lam7r said:
The results could have been due to the RR i was on, Nick said he had never had a 172 produce anywhere near 172 bhp on his RR. The only cars to ever reach the manufacturers spec on his RR were williams. He says the 182 are even worse for it making about 170bhp sometimes...dont know if this is down to the road or not. Will have to have a go on another RR to compare as things vary lots i have heard. When i had a ford puma i had it on 3 different RRs and the bhp varied by 10bhp on the readouts between the different garages.

Also someone on here (edde i think) said that the 172 was the french hp and the actual bhp was 166bhp? something like that anyway.

If i took it to L.A.D and had them RR it i would be at 200bhp :)

dont forget thats the corrected figure nearly everything thats been on nicks rollers has made what it should have

Renault engines make whatever they want, depends what parts they used at the time. a 172 can be anything between 150bhp and 172bhp, never more lol.

What did you mean by corrected figures?

LOL @ L.A.D comments, They do indeed have a top secret BHP inducing vortex around there garage :)