ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I may be back in the clio club soon....

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Well - ive been offered a wicked 1995, Dimma 16v Clio in exchange for my 5 Turbo........

Its done 62,000 Miles with FRSH, just been serviced, cambelt - Its had the head gas flowed and polished etc, Superchip, Full Exhaust, Hill power induction kit - around 168bhp apparently?

Its got Koni suspension, leather interior, big brakes.

Anyone got any opinions on this???

Swap it mate, I have seen pics of your 5 and it is nice, but it is still a 5, maybe it was because my 5 was a nightmare to own with new head gaskets and rads to name but a few problems, I loved the car to bits but never felt confident to go on long journeys and always worried about getting stuck in traffic, where as the Clio as you well know runs hot, but I do not think twice about travelling hundreds of miles in it, also the dimma clios look superb.

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Good call. Go for it ! The Clio has a much bigger boot so you can get more shopping in it as well so its a win win situation mate :p

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Ive just spent £1500 on getting my car rebuilt etc, and im sure itll be ok - but this is like 5 years newer, more comfy, not as fast - not by a long way but i think its a more driveable car every day - and also i would probably find this easier to sell in a year or so then i will with the 5!

Slightly off topic, but Nick do you know what Sparkie of gttubor.org has got running in his new/old shell, have not had chance to ask him?

Sorry mate I used to be a gtturbo.org member and one of the members Sparkie, has taken the whole stealth thing a bit far, his last 5 was running a huge BHP figure but the shell was a nail, now he has got a PH1 shell and I was just wondering if you knew anything about it?!!!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Do you all like the Dimma kit?? Its Williams Blue, and 62k isnt bad for a Valver even though my last one had 47k, its still newer then that one too....

What about wheels, i assume theyre a weird offset, as theyre like 8" wide - im not keen on the standard Dimma rims, does anyone know if any others will fit???

nick

hard choice by any stds but the clio as u say is more liveable as a everyday car. but as u had one before make sure its mint. and just swap and drive. dont car what anyone says a dimma clio is still the best looking clio ever. and enjoy the looks and attn u will get

get it mate

wongy

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Im meeting him next week, were going to both have a look at each others cars etc, id say its a pretty fair swap really?? I hope its as good as it looks - it does look very clean. 168 bhp isnt going to feel that quick now though but im not so worried, ive had my fun with the 5, and its cost me dearly!! The clio is quick enough every day, and as i said - definitely more useable!! I am keen to see it now, the attention is always a bonus - not that my 5 doesnt get enough lol!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Definately get it mate. Your 5 is nice but a Dimma clio is gorgeous and it will fetch loads more when you come to sell. Clios have to be said are a much better made car too. Ive driven both and the turbo is good yeah but you would get fed up of the hissing and dumping after a while.

Id jump at the chance - but I cant see how its would be a straight swap! The Clio must be worth more on the open market?

Im in the opposite situation. I am considering buying a 5 Turbo as well as keeping the Clio and Pug.

I mate is selling it as the head gasket is fecked and so he brought a new car. He has owned it for 9yrs. Its totally standard (not often do you see this), F plate. The bodywork is spot on but as it is red it has faided. I can get it for £400.

I fancy leavin my clio as it is, buying the Turbo and making it a stripped out street racer!!!

Should i do it?

Kev

190 BHP Willy 2

Id go for it kev, strip the 5 out and go blow a few people away ;). That way your clio can have a easier life.

You will also have a perfect track day tool.

Scott

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Still looking to at least have a look - but im just not sure how ill find the power difference, having got used to my car - and having a turbo....... Thats definitely something ill miss!!!!

But it Kev, if you need some one to sort out the head gasket let me know as a friend of mine is sh*t hot with his 5s and will come down and sort it out for you, he sorted my 5s head gasket out and at a very good price, he can get the parts cheap as well as he works for the firm which supplies to k-tec and alike. If you are not going to have it I may be interested!

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Lol, thanks Jon! Got a little freaked out there - i didnt realise you posted on here as well as CS!!