ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I need detailing details

Yes, this type of thread has been done half a bazillion times already. But I'm special, and you like me.

I bought a silver TT 180 the other week - and want to treat this with even more care than I did with my shitbox clio; I washed/clayed/polished/waxed that every other week so it looked like a black mirror practically all of the time. Shame it was utterly s**t.

Anyway, my procedure then was, wash/karcher, AG Intensive Tar Remover, AG Rapid Detailer & AG Claybar, AG SRP, Collinite 476s. Proper n00b; but it worked excellently.

This time I want to keep my car looking mint, but would prefer options better suited to the colour of my car, that isn't going to take an an age to do, and a wax that doesn't set like concrete after a second (and can be used by hand; want to stay away from machine polishers).
That, and all my current bottles are running low.

I've had baskets full at the checkouts of various detailing sites this week, ready to submit; but not really sure what I was getting.

GTD, Lupo
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/werkstat-acrylic-kit-cat1.html

werkstat-acrylic-kit-lg.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    423.1 KB · Views: 37
  GTD, Lupo
Glos any good? Just like a Quick Detailer isn't it?

I don`t use it much to be honest. The only time i use it is when i`m drying, i tend to spray it on the drying towels before i use them on the car but it is intended to be a QD. I have have only had to use the prime about 4 times since i got the kit so its mainly the Jett that gets used as i tend to do 4 coats a panel. Mind you i still have well over half the bottle left as once you get a cloth pretty wet with the stuff you don`t need to spray anymore.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, like you say once the applicator or cloth is primed with Jett, it goes a long way.

I bet your Silvertone 200 looks awesome with a few layers of it on :D

GTD, Lupo
Yeah, like you say once the applicator or cloth is primed with Jett, it goes a long way.

I bet your Silvertone 200 looks awesome with a few layers of it on :D

Well i have tomorrow off work and its car cleaning day so will post some pictures up.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
for silver, keep with the tar removers (try tardis when you next order one) and claying but add an iron remover (ironX).

then try the werkstatt kit or Autofinesse rejuvenate and tough coat.