ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

i said i would leave it standard ..............

2004 clio 182 ff
well ive had my 182 for 2weeks now and love it to bits. handles soo well and drives spot on. anyway, when i bought it i "said" i would be leaving this one std. only problem is that i havent already.

first up is a cup spoiler. convindence the missus it would look alot better with a cup spoiler on there, and now she agrees it needs a cup splitter.

heres a couple pics (nothing exciting) but imo its made such a difference to the way it looks

before

14022011204.jpg

now

14022011206.jpg

next will be the splitter. i know ppl say go for a skoda one but i cant help but think the gen is the way forward, then maybe some turinies or std painted anthracite?

2004 clio 182 ff
i can get a std plastic one for £113 all in from my local dealer as the parts manager is a good friend (genuine bnib 16" turinies for 600)

Lol I was exactly the same when I got my 172 Flamer (and my 200 for that matter)... Said I wouldnt touch it. Many pennies later, I still wanted to do more to the shed!! The spending wont end at a cup splitter & turinis ;) Next up will be coilies!

The Skoda splitters look w**k IMO people who say otherwise or worse yet think they look better than standard are clearly huge pikeys. OEM or if you can't stretch to it CF OEM look or nowt.

Looking for 182
Cup spoilers are awesome, when I got mine it really transformed the rear of the car.

I did cheap out on the Skoda splitter though. It's scratched and scuffed now so I'm glad I did, as I know that if I want to replace it it'll only cost me about £11 or so :)

2004 clio 182 ff
Lol I was exactly the same when I got my 172 Flamer (and my 200 for that matter)... Said I wouldnt touch it. Many pennies later, I still wanted to do more to the shed!! The spending wont end at a cup splitter & turinis ;) Next up will be coilies!

lol. no coilies on this one. had them on last 2 cars and enjoy the comfort too much. im thinking maybe eibach pro's at most as there supposed to be firm but comfy

2004 clio 182 ff
Cup spoilers are awesome, when I got mine it really transformed the rear of the car.

I did cheap out on the Skoda splitter though. It's scratched and scuffed now so I'm glad I did, as I know that if I want to replace it it'll only cost me about £11 or so :)

im on std suspension so i dont think i'll be hitting it on anything anytime soon - famous last words haha

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
is that a sat nav i see, if so seems abit odd to have sat nav but not cup packs, but the cup spoiler is a noce improvement

+1 on both points
I went into pikey mode and got the skoda splitter for my 172. The next day I scraped it. Soo glad I didnt do that with a £150 OEM splitter ;)
im on std suspension so i dont think i'll be hitting it on anything anytime soon - famous last words haha
I was too... You'd be surprised on how easily it'll scrape on things ;)

2004 clio 182 ff
is that a sat nav i see, if so seems abit odd to have sat nav but not cup packs, but the cup spoiler is a noce improvement

yeh thats satnav, i guess it was just owned by an old boy from new as im the 2nd owner

05022011179.jpg

before the cup spoiler

05022011188.jpg

05022011184.jpg

LY R26 #288
Everyone says their gonna leave it standard! lol.

I just bought the CF K-tec splitter. £124 with club discount. Does look nice!, I've just gotta fit it now. Better not be ripping it off on the first speed bump!.

Looks much better with the cup spoiler btw!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't call adding a cup spoiler and a splitter non-standard, as they were optional extras from Renualt as part of the cup-packs.

Anyhow, it looks much better with mate. Just don't get the modding bug!

Cupra
Sell me your aerial please! .... The rubber has perished on mine and Renault want 100 bucks for a complete new aerial as you can't buy the rubber gasket separately. :(

2004 clio 182 ff
cheers guys, the silver wheels are growing on me. i was thinking maybe some turinies in silver though also.
splitter is defo on the cards next but i dont want to go much further tbh

addicted - i'll get some pics asap of the car with the spoiler once i get it back out the garage

2004 clio 182 ff
finally an update for you all.

was playin about with the camera the other nite as i want to get some good nite photos soon. here's a couple of testers (im not photographer)

100_4964.jpg

100_4965.jpg

100_4966.jpg

and as and when i can be bothered ive been polishing up a std upper inlet

11022011199.jpg

and some quick pics from last nite at my bros workshop where i fitted my new cup splitter from renault.

before

23022011228.jpg

23022011229.jpg

after (please excuse the tractor ride height)

23022011231.jpg

23022011232.jpg

23022011235.jpg

i hope to get some better photos soon and when its clean

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
silver wheels have gotta go bro, and its tractor high!! get it slammed like the dci ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The Skoda splitters look w**k IMO people who say otherwise or worse yet think they look better than standard are clearly huge pikeys. OEM or if you can't stretch to it CF OEM look or nowt.

Agreed! OEM or Nowt. The CF chip like buggery. No point!

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
only way you will see it is if u drive past his work, its usually wrapped up in the garage lol

2004 clio 182 ff
it comes out at the weekends for a play. after hitting a munkjack 3days after fitting that splitter its now on its 2nd one lol.
im hoping to lower it but only on eibach pros so it'll only be 20/15
as for the wheels i really fancy some turinies in silver but all the sets for sale are either mega money or mashed to the point of not being worth it. untill then the std will with the shitty dunlops will have to do lol