ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

I think I'll call my car Norman Wisdom

Because it's being a complete farce at the moment.
Went back into the garage to re check the brakes again, got a call from the garage saying a calliper was sticking and when they dismantled it a slide bolt snapped.
They can't get a new bolt till tomorrow.
Fair enough not their fault, the callipers were fairly corroded so not surprised a bolt sheared off and they are doing their best to sort it for me so respect to them.

Decided to unwrap my mirrors and check them as they arrived today.
I was told drivers one was silver, passenger one they only had black.
Fair enough I'll spray the mirror cap silver.
Opened them and they were both silver... Ohh what a stroke of luck I told the Mrs, till I looked closer and saw the drivers one is a silver phase 2 mirror lol
*head hits desk*

So I'll have a phase 1 and a phase 2 mirror (luckily they are the same size and fit just different cap designs)
But at least they are both silver hehe :eek:

Sigh... something tells me this isn't going to be an easy week...

Different caps.
I'm assuming one is ph1 and one is ph2.
One one the cap extends all the way down the top of the arm, on the other the arm is black and the cap only covers the back of the mirror.

TBH I and people on here will probably be the only ones that will notice when they are on the car.
I could always mask off the rest of the mirror and spray the top of the arm to match if it annoys me that much.

I'll just be glad to destroy a pair of cheap M3 naff mirrors.

One of them is slightly smaller than the other as well.
Again something I doubt will be noticeable when on the car.
IMG_20110622_191325.jpg

Unless I have a random mirror and a random 172 mirror but they are both electric and the same fitting/ plugs.

I also noticed that the passenger side has two extra pins in the plug, is this for the temp sensor?
Not sure if I'll look like a t**t with odd mirrors or if anyone would even notice.
It might start to annoy me though, but I'm tempted to just keep them and fit them because anything is better than M3s and I just don't have the energy at the moment to send them back then try to get another replacement that would probably be the wrong colour and need spraying.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
WTF is that mirror on the left??

(And I hate to piss on your already bad week, but they look platinum silver to me, your cars titanium silver...)

WTF is that mirror on the left??

(And I hate to piss on your already bad week, but they look platinum silver to me, your cars titanium silver...)

Well I just noticed they were slightly different shades of silver.
But thanks for pissing on my bad week as well :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
two people cancelled deals today through no fault of my own. Insurance companies. (Got to refund nearly £5000 tomorrow)

Got a landrover V6 petrol just been dropped off on a RAC truck with a suspected headgasket and I can't find one single mechanic willing to take it on. (massive job apparently)

Driving along following my partner and he starts swerving all over the road. We pull over and the drivers window has exploded all over him while doing 70mph on the dual carriageway!

Then we get back to work, I try to move a Picasso and the drivers front spring snapped. Ripping a hole in the tyre and now the car is stranded in the middle of the forecourt.

My wife has just informed me I have to go out with her friends and partners. I hate her friends and partners.

So yeah, bad fcuking week.

two people cancelled deals today through no fault of my own. Insurance companies. (Got to refund nearly £5000 tomorrow)

Got a landrover V6 petrol just been dropped off on a RAC truck with a suspected headgasket and I can't find one single mechanic willing to take it on. (massive job apparently)

Driving along following my partner and he starts swerving all over the road. We pull over and the drivers window has exploded all over him while doing 70mph on the dual carriageway!

Then we get back to work, I try to move a Picasso and the drivers front spring snapped. Ripping a hole in the tyre and now the car is stranded in the middle of the forecourt.

My wife has just informed me I have to go out with her friends and partners. I hate her friends and partners.

So yeah, bad fcuking week.

Ouch heavy week!
All I had today was losing three hours of work where a file I was working on corrupted and I saved over the top for three hours.
My fault lol

Brakes are now working as they should be and what a difference! :approve:
Amazing the difference dead fluid and a stuck calliper makes to your braking efficiency hehe
Now just the hybrid mirrors to sort out and then do the belts and my car shall rule them all! Muhahahaha!
Well ok maybe it will just be nice to drive, but that'll do IMHO.

Tints are gone! :cool:
Quite good fun ripping them off, was like therapy :)
Put both the odd mirrors on for the time being until I get the incorrect drivers side mirror replaced.
They may look a bit odd, but they both work which is more than I can say for the cheapo M3s I removed.
Operation "de-chav" is underway! :approve:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
How did you get on taking the tints off??

I've only ever tried it once and it made a right mess everywhere.

It was great once you get them started, fiddly at first but once you get a good handful they are quite tough and tear off without ripping.

Jsut in case you thought things were improving with the car though....
RCL stopped working today and I've blown another headlight bulb.
hehe