ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iceberg 172. wash stages and what product......cant find solid advice on what to use.

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
hi guys trying to get into detailing the iceberg but finding it hard to understand what products to buy and what order to use them in

I currently have snow foam to use with built hamber.

but apart from that I'm starting from scratch.
just need advice on what product to compliment iceberg and what order to use them in I.e polish wax sealants pre was pre wax.

it's a bit of a mine field and reading detailing world confused me more.

just wa t something simple really I have products that I used on my old focus st. but are obsolete now .

will also mention I have a d.a which I have some poorboys ssr to help me on my way..

cheers

Carl

( soon to be top detailer )

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Re: iceberg 172. wash stages and what product......cant find solid advice on what to

Hi Carl a very basic detailing lesson: 1: snow foam with strong mix of foam. wash with dodo juice born to be mild.
2:decontaminate-tar x to remove tar wipe with microfibre towel. Iron x on wheels and paint, let to dwell for 5 minutes, agitate on wheels with a detailing brush. Jet wash off paint and maybe another snow foam. Clay car to remove any final contaminants.
Car now prepped for next stages.
3: either use a glaze (paint prep that will slighlty hide swirls and enhance paint) or correct paint with polishes and machine polisher.
Would suggest a glaze for now untill you can learn the basics and practice machine polishing. A good one is chemical guys ez glaze or auto finesse rejuvinate.
4:finally you will want to seal in the newly cleaned paint and glaze. This is is either a wax or sealant. Silvers cars always respond better to sealants so I would suggest auto finesse tough coat or Zaino z2. Also use this on the wheels, this will protect them so to wash you will only need shampoo rather than chemicals every time.
This I hope helps only just scratches the surface but will get you on your way! Don't forget to post up your pics when done! Cheers Chris
DetailMe

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup
Re: iceberg 172. wash stages and what product......cant find solid advice on what to

Chris your a star and thanks for the useful knowledge i had what you said in my head except I maybe read too many different things....weather depending I'll.make a start this weekend.

thanks again

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport

Like I said only just scratching, theirs lots of other products and techniques to use and learn. If you need help with anything just ask dude
chris

macca6

ClioSport Club Member
  megane r26, 172 cup

I will I'll try some of the products you mentioned. then I can always get samples and go from there see what I think goes best.