ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iceburg plus Carbon Bonnet.....hmmm

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Been after a Carbon fibre bonnet for the car for a long time, the original had some paint missing and the usual press down dents off the last 'lady' owner.

Picked this up, paid a little over the odds but its in decent condition, not quite sure if I like it yet as I think it looks a tad chavy

b1635d98.jpg

d6256178.jpg

My shady attempt at some Oliver.James type photo ;) us Iceburg cup owners are ASW's at heart :rasp:

d3d29b6e.jpg

bee10110.jpg

Thinking of getting some carbon fibre washer blanks to compliment the bonnet and maybe a few other bits and bobs, not going OTT though.

Also on the weight losing front, managed to get the car under a tonne now, well I say just as its 990kg's still wearing: standard front seats, doorcards, dash, sound deadning, air-con and the standard cat

Future plans:

Wheels refurbed gloss/satin black
Red 4pot Brembos
Fit de-cat

Last edited:
  BlackGold 182
I can't decide if I like it or not, I like the idea of a carbon bonnet but weather it works on a clio I'm not sure.

172 Cup
I reckon it will work with a few other bits of carbon like you said mate, maybe some carbon mirror caps, and fog surrounds aswell?

Last edited:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Thanks for the feedback, it wasn't really bought for looks more weight saving, will probably paint it silver next year

Listerine & Poledo
get the whole car stripped then run it with a protective coating of flatenned primer
:)

Turbos.
Back in the F&F days, i would have probably sucked you off, but now it just looks passe, IMO. I would paint it very thinly, so you can just make out the weave.

For the same reason, please do not get red calipers. The big draw of the 172 is that it is understated...

130i Road, 172 Track
I know what you mean, I want to like it but it's not quite there. As ssaid, carbon front diamond/washer blanks, loose the foglights and get some 15s. I think it needs to look more "racer" to pull off the carbon bonnet.

I do love those Superleggs though...

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Hmmm interesting the responses, I do agree it does look a bit f&f and I feel like a t**t driving it do think it's going to have t get painted sometime In the future

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
For the same reason, please do not get red calipers. The big draw of the 172 is that it is understated...

The only reason I want red calipers is for when I get brembo's off a 197/200. I've always liked the look of them with the black speedlines :)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Like many have said it would work better with a few more carbon bits. For me the car looks to "clean". It needs darker wheels for it to blend in more, if that makes sense?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Yes mate 100% Agree

These are my plans:

Remove fogs - Already done
Carbon front and rear badge
Carbon washer blanks
Carbon Bullets
Carbon Wingmirrors possibly although I'm not a fan of different coloured wingmirrors
Wheel Refurb in either gloss or satin black

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
All sounds good but leave the wing mirrors standard. Then if you decide to paint the bonnet they won't look to out of place. All other mods sound good though. Looking forward to seeing these brakes as I'd like to do the same. I like the wilwoods but there is just something about red brembos the have the edge!

As mentioned id get it thinly painted so its like the ferraris so the weave can be seen when looking closely. But then again im just an ''attention to detail pervert''. My phones been sold yesterday if you tried to reach me yesterday but il help you with the recent purchas.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I quite like the exposed carbon.

It would also look cool with a thin coat of iceberg, so you can still see the weave under light. :evil:

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Anyone got any ideas how to prep the bonnet so you can still see the weave? I've ordered the carbon washer blanks anyway and removed the fogs so we'll see how it looks with a touch more black on the front end

ph1 172
I'd just use a low grade scotch pad Chris and do it by hand. Just want to key the surface lightly for the paint to take to.

this is mine with carbon bonnet mate.. iv got carbon washer blanks waiting to go on and carbon fog light surrounds on order..

DSCF4279.jpg

Inferno 182
I think it looks good, love an iceburg with a carbon bonnet, i think clio soprts really pull them off. But agree with everyone else about more carbon needed.