ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iCloud - Am I being completely dumb?

RB One Eight Two
Right, ever since I have updated to iOS5 I haven't used iCloud. I just can't seem to get it to work. Am I right in thinking that when i purchase a song on iTunes on my iPhone it will send it to my Mac? If this is the case, it isn't working for me..?

Am I being completely dumb or what? lol

FYI the automatic downloads feature only works for apps/music/etc. that has been purchased AFTER you enabled it.

Older stuff will have to be synced.

RB One Eight Two
I have set it up, when i open iCloud in system preferences it opens and i am signed in?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still can't get it to work. I fail at life.

RB One Eight Two
I still can't get it to work. I fail at life.

At least i'm not the only one..

I give up with it. I have obviously set it up incorrectly. USB cable plug in it is then lol

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When I hit back up the little thing just keeps turning saying backing up.

Gives no estimated time or anything.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Right, ever since I have updated to iOS5 I haven't used iCloud. I just can't seem to get it to work. Am I right in thinking that when i purchase a song on iTunes on my iPhone it will send it to my Mac? If this is the case, it isn't working for me..?

Am I being completely dumb or what? lol

Mine syncs between my iPhone and iPad, but won't sync with my MBP. IIRC my MBP needs a upgrade for it to work.

TBF anyone who can't get iCloud to work is so retarded that they automatically broke something that automatically works. There's nothing to make work. It's so simple a dog could make it work. By barking.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It now logs in. Mailbox ect.. Is there just won't back up.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Well it's never been backed up so no. Everything is still backed up on the comp.

BG 182
i just backed up on my mac then done it via the cloud for the first time and it worked straight away. i right clicked on 'my iphone' and backed up that way. i think it did it automatically but it was so quick i missed it. i am dubious about backing up to icloud aswell, so will prob back up to mac most of the time anyway

RB One Eight Two
I have finally got it to work, I think. But although I have the 'automatically download...' ticked in preferences when i buy a song on iTunes on my iPhone it still doesn't automatically appear on in my iTunes on my Mac, I have to click download recent purchases or whatever it says. Is that right? lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'm not going to help much but i will give you a clue.

If you download from the STORE in what section of settings do you think the STORE options are?

RIP Dan
TBF anyone who can't get iCloud to work is so retarded that they automatically broke something that automatically works. There's nothing to make work. It's so simple a dog could make it work. By barking.

Right, I am massively retarded so am going to go and try this now, will report back when my mac crashes/loses all my data.

RIP Dan
Fallen at the first put behind a screen and shot.

Won't verify my Apple id.

Apple hates me.