ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Identifying brake aftermarket brake discs!

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Ok, long story short, wife's MOT is up on the 29th for her 2016/66 Caddy.

Rather than take advantage of the additional month she gets to test early - obviously she only booked it in yesterday, to the only garage that had space before xmas, and it failed.
Muppets in the garage were going to order discs & pads based on her reg, but she's running Brembo 4/6 pots that came with the car.

So, she informs me, the disc is 325x30mm - and CB of 56mm kindly illustrated here:

cb.jpg

I need to get replacement discs tomorrow, so can anyone help me find them. I'm sure she can go to 345mm on the caliper, but they all seem to be 68mm CB?

Nude pics for anyone with a viable solution.

Thanks

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
313mm floating, -now she sent me the picture

Non floating accepted

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Well if hers is a MK4 Caddy they're 5x112 not 5x100 like the MK4 Golf

Without more pics it's hard to sayt but the MK5 GTI was 312mm discs as well. None of them are 56mm bore, they're about 60-65mm as there's a step machines into the lip to stop the spigot snapping off with a wheel on it ;)

Is there any paperwork from when she got the van to say what conversion someone slapped on it?

MK5 GTI front discs

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Darkside list them separately here as 65mm....

However I don't think she is measuring it right.

Get on autodoc and pop her reg in they often give disk dimensions which seem to be mostly center bore 65mm for the caddy. Although it will be the wrong disk for her caddy (due to the brembo conversion) they probably used the standard caddy hub.....

1671736452036.png

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Yes can see that, tape measure at slight camera angle isn't mm accurate through 🤣 but you are right it can't be nearly 10mm out!

Can you pop her reg into autodoc and see what the standard bore is?

You actually guessed the right car, Caddy IV, 2.0TDi, SAA

DF66WXN - 65mm centering diameter

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
It's not 65mm though!

I've bought a micrometer, worst case shes jacking it up tomorrow

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
You actually guessed the right car, Caddy IV, 2.0TDi, SAA

DF66WXN - 65mm centering diameter
I already knew her number plate Oggy ;)

No idea what's going on there then because your pictures certainly don't look like the disk has a 65mm bore!!

Time to head back to the MOT garage with your finest palmed £20 note I guess.... Or grab some 312mm discs from ECP and ask the garage to try them?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Only an issue because I am stuck in hospital // not fit to check myself so she's doing her best, the garage shouldve helped her about a bit more here.
This is the same outfit who told me my 997 needed a part that was only £30 for the VW equivalent, then tried to charge me the Porsche price.

My brother is going to collect me from the hospital as opposed to her, I will get him to jack it up and remove the wheel / disc & I'll measure it all properly,.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Well if you are in Surrey or not a ridiculous distance away and the garage can't fit you in/brother can't do brakes drop me a PM. Would be happy to smash some disks and pads in the Caddy once you work out what parts actually fit while you are off your feet (y)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Sadly I’m in Corby, Northamptonshire but it’sa lovely gesture.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Ok, so Im going for 65mm, are we saying 288 or 312mm for the discs.

I think 288mm might be more likely if you flatten the hub bit and take disc to disc

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Naturally, I've ordered both, from 70 miles away from home, returns are to store, so we'll worry about that next year :)

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Apparently from a TTRS which is 300-340mm.

I had hoped to get the parts today, given I'm still lying in a hospital bed :D

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Found them, a bit late in the day.

Forge Motorsport 6 pots with FM EBC Yellow Stuff pads.
Yellowstuff pads are cheaper than the Forge variants, but Forge don't list the part number on their site for the yellowstuff, so I have to order or call them on 3rd Jan. Other suppliers may be open, but no good without that part number!

Discs are 330x32mm

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
The guy who modified it said they’re forge 6 pots and linked them, they only do two sizes, 330/356mm.

i can’t measure it until tomorrow as it was dark when I got back from the hospital

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
And go away with your s**t advice of measuring them 😂

I’ve got less than 5 months to live and I’m on 9-25L/min of oxygen, I’d have whipped them off in an instant if I could ffs.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Aye, so, that company, while “open” during Christmas didn’t actually have stock.

first they said were 5x100…..

Then they had no stock (so how can they be 5x100?)……

Then when I asked if the bolts on the rotors line up between 5x100 / 5x112 and I can swap the hats they kindly told me there are no hats in the product I bought - so nfi where 5x100 come from.

they didn’t come back to me with an eta today, but forge confirmed they have stock, so I’ve just ordered directly from forge, screw the cost difference, don’t fancy giving these other guys a penny.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
it was £80 cheaper than the first seller to convert it back, after labour etc.

(Less resale of the kit)

my wife in that van with standard brakes? Dead in a week.

luckily she’s named on the 997 so is cutting about in that, not getting a wheelchair in it for me though so need the caddy on the road before Monday

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I forgot to update, they were the correct discs. why the previous owner made the callipers say brembo when they aren’t I’ll never know