ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Idle Control Valve help on ph1 172.. I have pics.. and part no.'s

02' PH1 172
So I've been having issues with my idle, and cant get a clip working, so went with a few people recommendations and got a new ICV.

The two look almost identical, but the new one has a blue ring on the front and the old one has a slanted green one. All the numbers on the plastic everywhere are exactly the same, and if I look into the hole thru the rings, the inside seems to be slightly different between the two

Part number is 8200048850

pics: NEW RIGHT... OLD LEFT

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

The VDO stamp is also in a slightly different place.

Before I stick it in, and it ends up being the wrong part, I'd like to hear what you guys think..

Do the older or newer parts differ at all thru the years? is this the right part?

Please help

02' PH1 172
Holy crap, just put it in, started the car and it jumps right to 5k revs and just sits there.. is this normal? does it have to learn the ecu or something?

02' PH1 172
ignition on and off 5 sec intervals about 5 time to set it and then it idles normall.. still hasnt fixed my problem tho unless it takes a while to settle in

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Tried cleaning the throttle body? you've also got the throttle position sensor to think about too

02' PH1 172
Ye cleaned out and lubed with TB in the right places, I'm not too sure the TPS would do this, but then again, I wouldnt really know. New ICV has made zero difference at all.. aaarrrrrgggg

Dacia Logan 1.6 16v
Does anyone have a spare old ICv along with it's suport? Don't care if the ICV does not work, will only use its support. Thanks in advance