ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

If not Eagle F1s or Proxes T1s ... what

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

So ...

F1 GSD3 - love them - look the dogs and great in dry and wet - just cant get them :( Would be £190 for 4 at Micheldever if they had any, but theyve been on order for ages. If they cant get them then unlikely others can (and indeed when I called my local tyreshop they couldnt).

Proxes T1 - look good, good in dry, less good in wet, wear quickly. £164 for 4 at Micheldever.

So what are the other options? Basic criteria are good wet and dry grip, and (sadly) a nice pattern. If Im spending good money on tyres I want it to look like I have ... thats why I love the reasonaby slick looking F1s.

[Edited by andydean on 25 May 2004 at 3:28pm]

Michelin Primacy on the Williams.. seem good.. and get good reviews on mytyres.net.

£52quid fitted tho from a place round here!

As I said in the other thread, I dunno whether to get Eagles and have odd tyres on the front/back or just get the Primacys again.

I found the Toyos (well, before they got revised recently) arnt great in the wet - altho, thats on my 1.2..

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

When Bridgestone bring out the RE050 in smaller sizes I would suggest trying these. Some places will tell you that tehr eis to be an S04 coming out to replace the not popular S02 but I have been told it is actually just the RE050 that is being brought out as their top tyre in more fitments.