ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Induction decision help

clio sport 172
I've put up some induction setups here, so which one gets the most votes from you guys that will be my choice (which of these would be best for my setup - de-cat + 63mm group a exhaust) :

1. ph1 airbox with original 2 air feeds
2. ph1 airbox without 2 air feeds (have this now)
2. v6 airbox without air feed
3. k&n apollo
4. bmc cda

Please comment your decision (based on - how loud they are, if they produce any gains, torque...)

monaco 172
What is it your wanting from it?

Just noise? Non of them are really going to give you a noticeable performance gain anyway

Stripped yozza'd cup
None of them give performance gains really..... For noise alone, I'd go bmc (based solely on Youtube videos)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
is it a Ph1 or Ph2 172? if a Ph1 - 1 feed removed, the other ducted through to below the headlight. If it's a Ph2 leave as is. Won't get any real gaiin but may make it louder. just fit a panel filter in the standard air box.

clio sport 172
it's a ph1, i'm not interested in noise...i have it from the exhaust, just some combo to let the engine breathe better.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
If I was you mate, would leave as is with airbox, maybe just add a Pipercross filter element..;)

Evo 6, E92 320d
Uprated panel filter, lower feed removed, top one replaced with 70mm underneath the passenger light.

clio sport 172
did they use the v6 airbox without caf (like jms setup) on race clios?
if it has better airflow...it gets my vote

172DD Cup
been thinking about getting a ph1 airbox, but already got an uprated panel filter so also thinking about just getting that caf.
that's my dilemma, will likely end up with existing set up and caf, as its cheaper