ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Inner ARB bushes

Clio 197 Cup
Hi,

This may be a dumb question, but how the hell do you get to the nut/bolt securing the inner ARB bushes on a Phase 2 172? I have done the outer bushes and it was a 5 minute job, I know the inner ones will be a headache, but I can't seem to work out how to get the originals off???

I am assuming I need to unbolt the triangular plates at the back of the subframe to give more access, but I wasn't sure if these were securing the subframe to the car or just braces?

Is this right or do i just nee to learn how to bens space and time to fit a spanner and socket in there?

172/1.2/E30
Subframe is mainly held by 4 big bolts to the chassis legs. Triangular plates are just "braces". Inner bushes are a pig to do. It may help using longer bolts on the "clamps" as the OE ones are quit short which makes assembly even more complicated. Did my bushes when the subframe was off and even that wasn't really nice...

Clio 197 Cup
Excellent, I look forward to doing them on Friday night then! thanks for the info, so long as i can get the originals off I can get the new ones back in, can't be any worse than doing a clutch on my old Subrau in the rain!

Clio 197 Cup
Ok job done, 45 minutes and easy as! like another forum post stated, just use a slightly longer bolt when you reassemble and you dont even need to mess about with clamps or mole grips! nice!:D

Clio 197 Cup
Had some in my shed, but all you need is standard metric stainless bolts (m8 i think) from screwfix, b&q or a hardware shop. should cost less than £1!