ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance ahaha!

just rang the insurance people iv got my 16v with (morethen) they got my policy up took all the details of the 182 then put me on hold.

3mins later he comes back on the phone to tell me that they would not insure me as im not old enough!!!! WTF!!?

now.. im 29 with 5yrs NCB and i passed my test when i was still 17, i have no convictions and have never had any points on my lisence either and these morons will not insure me!

rang directline and they quoted me £615 fully comp with protected bonus and if the car gets written off in the 1st year they will replce it for a brand new one exact same spec as the 1 i have...

anyone think i can get better anywhere else or is £615 about right ? <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 25 May 2004 at 1:48pm] <SCRIPT language=javascript>

[Edited by blaupunkt on 25 May 2004 at 1:48pm]

Iam with Direct line, When I had my 172 (last year) it was £452.00 Fully Comp. Ive got a 182 on order and have been given a quote of £478.00. Not protected though and didnt get any offer of replacing it if it gets totalled in 1st year. Still got 2-3 weeks to wait so will wait till I get a delivery date to sort it out properly. Direct line have always been o.k imo.

Oh and im 30!!:(

Lee

BMW M2C

Tesco are quoting me £31.00 to swap from my 03 172 to the 182. They are currently saying they will charge me £184.25 with a £500 XS because of the Cup suspension!!!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I got a quote of 645 from elephant.co.uk

25yrs old, 1NCB, 4prev claims (3fault) for a new 182, 250excess etc.

So Id guess that your quotes could be lower as youre 29.

Remember its not just age, it depends a lot on where you live.
The higher the risk the area is, the higher your premium will be.

Quote: Originally posted by blaupunkt on 25 May 2004

just rang the insurance people iv got my 16v with (morethen) they got my policy up took all the details of the 182 then put me on hold.

3mins later he comes back on the phone to tell me that they would not insure me as im not old enough!!!! WTF!!?

now.. im 29 with 5yrs NCB and i passed my test when i was still 17, i have no convictions and have never had any points on my lisence either and these morons will not insure me!

rang directline and they quoted me £615 fully comp with protected bonus and if the car gets written off in the 1st year they will replce it for a brand new one exact same spec as the 1 i have...

anyone think i can get better anywhere else or is £615 about right ? <SCRIPT language=javascript>

Almost the same with me....would not quote me on my 172 cup...because i was under 30..I am 27 with full ncb and no accidents or convitions...

Try admiral...they were the best by £250.....

Quote: Originally posted by ricjax99 on 25 May 2004

Run your details through http://www.confused.comwww.confused.com see if you can do better online, endsleigh beat everything else i had quoted by £60. Ring more than back and tell them there a bunch of monkeys LOL! :p

been trying this but evrytime i try and view the quotes its found me i get told that

your interactive session has expired

a possible reason for this is that your computer has been inactive for more than 30 minutes

even if its a new search thats only just finished and the thnig is it found me a quite of £480!!!!!! i want that !!! :D

Had the same prob with churchill. 29yrs full, no cliams, driving since 17. no convictions, wont upgrade insurance from existing policy to a 182 due to age. Needless to say they will be losing my business.

I am also with direct line...£580 full comp with protected NCB+ car hire etc etc.

Got 7 years NCB.

Seems about right if you want the extras although with 7 years without a claim you start to wonder!

Revels Mum & Sister

Try Admiral online as well

They are the same people as Elephant Basically.

They will both quote me on a 172/182 and I am 21

cDc

182 Arctic Blue

Im 25 with 3 years ncb and i got this from confused on a year old 172, garaged!

"to see all the prices and other details weve found in a range of £987.00 to £4938.32. "