ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

insurance for induction kit and exhaust

bloody company they charged me an extra £80 a year just for an induction kit and exhaust on my valver its a bloody rip off

so its now £980 fully comp i have found it much cheaper elseware since i took it out

jaimie

yeah its alright saying that but what happens if i have a bad crash and get taken to hospital the old bill take the car and the and someone from my insurance comes and checks over the car then im fcuked. just dont think its worth the risk.

jaimie

Im paying 25 quid more this year - that covers the exhaust, induction kit and alloys. Well happy.

Liverpool Victoria by the way. Frickin Unison membership has come in handy at last!

Im with Liverpool Victoria. Feckin Wicked.

All my mods are declaired apart from Zorst and Iduction Kit. I didnt declair them as i thought they would hammer me.

So are the good for mild engine mods?

Kev

Try having your insurance company (elephant) telling they wont cover you full stop, if I fitted a Viper to my 172 :mad:

Yeah I agree with jimbo9999, if they found out you had an induction kit, you are FCUKED

Quote: Originally posted by Norfolk-172 on 25 March 2003

Try having your insurance company (elephant) telling they wont cover you full stop, if I fitted a Viper to my 172 :mad:

Yeah I agree with jimbo9999, if they found out you had an induction kit, you are FCUKED
That sounds strange to me cause when you are getting a quote from them when you select is your car modded its takes you to a huge list of mods that you can declare!

I am with CIS (co op insurance) and I rang them up this morning about the exact same thing. No additional charge! Alloys are free aswell. Aslong as you dont touch the engine ie chip or headwork etc they dont care. I asked them about the induction kit, cos I thought they might class that as an engine mod. But they dont. As for a chip though, they probably wouldnt be able to tell even if they checked the car over.

Paul

172 M69 eater

yeh i checked it out with endsleigh and they were well bitchy bout me having an exhaust let alone anything else

Wow insurance in the UK is expensive, I pay about 700 and think its a robbery. They dont care about modifications or even engine size, Im just charged the same as a 1.2:)

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Liverpool vic are quality, last year with flux I was paying £1100, this year, exactly same car, same mods, same everything, vic charge me £565!!!

I did a quick quote for standard on there site, said between £400-£500, rang up and told her all the mods, didnt add much really £65-£165. With Norwich Union, when I had my alloys they charge an extra £60!

Quote: Originally posted by jimbo9999 on 25 March 2003

yeah its alright saying that but what happens if i have a bad crash and get taken to hospital the old bill take the car and the and someone from my insurance comes and checks over the car then im fcuked. just dont think its worth the risk.

jaimie

An exhaust is obvious and i would insure that as it could get mangled but an IK...cant see how that could be damaged and im not sure a police officer would say "look a viper carbon ik!".

Its not the police who will look at your car, it will be the insurance ppl. And its quite easy to spot the Viper or whatever induction kit you have fitted. jaimie is talking about a BAD crash, car could be f88ked etc.

Its just so easy for the insurance ppl to get out of paying, they will insured say a 172 with NO induction kit, therefore if they find a 172 WITH an induction kit then great, cause they didnt insure that car!

They are TW*TS, any thing to stop them paying out!

And then technicaly you were driving without insurance! its not a nice position to be in.