ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Insurance question...

A Beautiful R32
Hiya,

I've just been looking at insurance quotes and basically if I have an unmodified 182 I can get it as low as £450 which includes my mrs on the policy and 5 years PNCB.

BUT, I'm a tight fisted bugger, and i'm looking to get my car modified a bit (i.e. Milltek Exhaust), anyone know of a sensible insurer who isn't going to add £200 a year for a Panel Filter and an exhaust?

Any help would be lovely, cheers fellas (and fella-rettes)

Davey

Golf R soon...
I've got a modified insurance policy with Greenlight.

When you want to add something to the car they only charge you £25 for amending the policy, thats a one off payment by the way!

I declared my exhaust, induction kit, alloys and suspension all at the same time not bad for £25 for the entire year! :)

Clio 182 with cup packs
Hi,

Don't know about extra for mods but I got my 182 insured for £318 with Direct Line including the mrs - any help?

Cheers
CJH182

A Beautiful R32
Direct Line are looking the best option TBH... When I had my old car, they didn;t charge much for mods, and things like lowering & strut braces didn't cost anything extra.

Golf R soon...
When I wanted to get my exhaust declared through elephant last year, they ripped me a new one, it worked out to be £80 extra a year, just for a cat back SS exhaust :nono:

If you going to mod a car at least do it through a mod friendly insurer otherwise it can be costly in my experience.

A Beautiful R32
Greenlight have just come through with a stonking quote of £427 (but that doesn't include the mrs)...