ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOllieSM's new car :)

Busy day today! Topped up my gearbox oil all of the way (took 2 litres in the end to fill it up) and also changed my spark plugs aswell as cleaning the inlet and main block!
Only spent about 20 minutes cleaning as it got very boring after a while... Lol.. But the car runs much much better now! The old plugs were black and the gap was quite big on them :/ but drives lovely now. Well worth doing!
Finished result of the block
re3utu2a.jpg

Haven't got a pic of the whole lot as couldn't be bothered and il be going over it even better before CSS!
Ollie

Sooo today I fitted something new to the car.. Aero flat blades!
Before
4ymuta4u.jpg

After
re9ypame.jpg

Mine were totally ruined, no rubber left on the bloody things so I bought these new ones off of amazon for £6! Bargain tbh. Look great and work fantastically.
Big day tomorrow for cleaning ;) see you all at CSS!

Updateeee :)
So. I've managed to pick up a ph1 airbox with an as new k-tec filter inside (just re-oiled) for £40! I'm in love with this thing! The sound is amazing, and it feels as though it drives even better now! The power is just there immediately, also the '5k kick' now feels more aggressive aswell.
Brilliant bit of kit, bargain of the century!

4ytuvemy.jpg

Another update should be coming hopefully next week as I have something else on order too ;)

Can't rate this air box enough though, love it!

Still noisey :/ I think my mate is going to have a lookie this weekend but I still don't have the bloody replacement fluid!! Tempted to just get that 'slick50' stuff in halfords it we do change it, even if its just temporary!

Still noisey :/ I think my mate is going to have a lookie this weekend but I still don't have the bloody replacement fluid!! Tempted to just get that 'slick50' stuff in halfords it we do change it, even if its just temporary!

You didn't remind me about the fluid did you . We have 1lt bottles of Dexron 2 at work

New update!!
So, I got hold of some 16mm hubcentric spacers and extended wheel bolts for £40. Got them on straight away when I got home and well... Before and afters to follow!

Before
veduzy4a.jpg

And after

ynemy2a2.jpg

But my favourite pics...
Before
u8u2y4a8.jpg

And now after!!
u3ujyjej.jpg

So happy with this upgrade. Massively increased the look of the car IMO. Tomorrow I have a big part arriving and will be fitting. Cannot wait!

Keep an eye on this thread! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Wooo :) cup spoiler fitted!

aru2e7yh.jpg

Definitely don't regret spending the money on this upgrade. Looks great!

je8y6a7e.jpg

The only downside is the very front of the spoiler appears to be rubbing the roof somewhere and is taking some paint off by the looks of things :/ is this a common problem with fitting one to a 172?
Cheers,
Ollie

Makes a massive difference mate, it looks great! :)

You know how you said its catching at the front, make sure the outer lip on the cup spoiler underneath isn't sat on the bootlid. It should kind of clip over the edge.

I'm not sure how to explain it very well but I hope you know what I mean lol.

That was the problem I had on mine, took ages to get it to sit properly!

Makes a massive difference mate, it looks great! :)

You know how you said its catching at the front, make sure the outer lip on the cup spoiler underneath isn't sat on the bootlid. It should kind of clip over the edge.

I'm not sure how to explain it very well but I hope you know what I mean lol.

That was the problem I had on mine, took ages to get it to sit properly!

Thanks mate :) I've actually sorted it now. It's still slightly marked the bloody thing but it isn't obvious unless you know where it is. Looks superb now though! Don't know what to do next haha, any ideas?!

I want to paint my brake calipers in flame red but I can't get any made up in high temp paint I don't think :/

TT QS
Looks great that does! My spoiler was on the washer hose and didn't sit right. Take it off and have a play jus to be sure

Thanks mate :) I've actually sorted it now. It's still slightly marked the bloody thing but it isn't obvious unless you know where it is. Looks superb now though! Don't know what to do next haha, any ideas?!

I want to paint my brake calipers in flame red but I can't get any made up in high temp paint I don't think :/

Ah glad you sorted it out, bet you can't really notice where its been marked though.

I'd say get some silvervision indicator bulbs next :)

And as for the calipers, I don't think I used high temp paint on the 1.6, could be wrong though.

Thanks everyone :) reguarding the caliper paint, il look into it. If I don't need high temp then I won't bother. Otherwise, yeah a paint shop and ask them to make some up. Any suggestions for Cambelt and dephaser change near Guildford? Somewhere that won't rip my arm off?
Thanks

No progress as of recently as just been on holiday. Covered nearly 600 miles in the past week! Anyway. Got a quick snap of the car today before the journey home, parked up with my dads zetec S :)

y6e2u4y5.jpg

my8y9u7a.jpg

And one of his car

jerupyty.jpg

Next things on my list consist of,
Disks and pads for front and rear, Spacers for the front, rear exhaust hanger, 98 Ron map.
More importantly though, Cambelt + dephaser and aux belt change is shortly approaching so am putting some money aside for that. PAS pump will also be changed. Also had 2 new continental contactsport 2's fitted to the front

Yawn. Another pic with no progress really...
Had a dent on the rear quarter removed yesterday though ah the cost of £20. Superb job - well happy. The car is now dent free!

Anyway, boring pic I got - would love to find a good photo location but that's difficult in Guildford -.-

ygu8uqah.jpg

Few updates today!
Girlfriend of 3 years left me last night, so am trying to keep myself busy - which means the car got alot of treatment :)
Washed inside and out, wheels cleaned inside and out! (All 4.... Took ages lol.)

vygytany.jpg

Then painted the brake calipers red! (Only have 1 pic of that unfortunately

nasu9uge.jpg

Wasn't sure at first but I think it looks good now :) happy I done them!

Also, painted my arch liners as when the wheels were turned you could see them and they looked pants.
Before and after shots

8e7y6ate.jpg

And after..

vasuge7y.jpg

Mega chuffed with those! And last 2 things - replaced my number plate light to LED, and my mate also got me some CREE reverse LED's... Which are quite bright :/ but il keep them anyway! Pics below.

6esugune.jpg

Old vs new

nemateza.jpg

.... That's it. A day well spent I suppose

Thanks,
Ollie

Good effort mate, the arch liners look miles better

Thanks mate :) out of all the upgrades I've done on the car, little things like that which just tidy it up are always the best :)

I'm sorry about not sending payment over today btw, had alot on the go :/ il try my very best to send it over tomorrow!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Thanks mate :) out of all the upgrades I've done on the car, little things like that which just tidy it up are always the best :)

I'm sorry about not sending payment over today btw, had alot on the go :/ il try my very best to send it over tomorrow!

Yes and they're normally quite cheap and easy to do yourself which is always a bonus

No need to apologise mate! When ever you're ready, no problem at all. :)

Just PM me so i know and ill get them sorted

So. New disks and pads have been fitted! (thanks to G172, superb service! Very helpful and fast delivery- must leave some good feedback!)

So now the bedding in has begun!

u3yjugy4.jpg

And I also fitted some new engine cover bolts as mine had all gotten ruined with use.
Got a quick pic, isn't great though!

vazuhuqy.jpg

Little updates :)

Ollie

So my mate came over this evening and surprised me with some silver visions! So quickly fitted them :) also tried out that French flag on grill... I've taken back off as I'm unsure but some people like it :S
What's everyone's opinions?

3u6e4a7e.jpg

Silver visions on!

And the grill flag...

jepuzada.jpg

2y2uzy3e.jpg

Thanks all

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It's the little things that make all the difference mate.

Red engine cover bolts look great, need to get me some. Where did you get them Ollie?

Arch liners look much better but just a word of warning, the paint will chip quite bad. This is the problem I found when I did mine :(

Thanks mate :) what's your opinion on the French flag on the grill?

My arch liners Il keep an eye on. Thanks for the heads up!

This is the eBay code for the engine cover bolts. He also has them in stainless steel and blue. I've noticed he has no others in red for sale ATM but if you email him he may have some more!