ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Re: iPhone "must have" apps?

BluePete said:
Photoshop now up and free, excellent app.

Cheers.

It took long enough! The yanks have had if for over a month, have they struggled translating it to english I wonder

172beast

Yeah PS is a really good app, especially for free as well

Operation sandstorm now has online multi player but my neighbours wireless router wont let me on lol, anyone played it? whats it like? FPS style?

E87 118d M Sport

is this still better than tomtom warren. was guna take the plunge in the new year for the better of the two

SG9 Forester STi

It's £7.59 and the description was good so I gave in and got it. Awesome fun, especially as it prints little graphs out for you and showed when I changed gear etc. Very good!

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

Operation sandstorm now has online multi player but my neighbours wireless router wont let me on lol, anyone played it? whats it like? FPS style?

The update is over 200mb, took ages to dl and install, then I had to go create an account, finally I got it all sorted, then I find this is a beta, there's a UPNP error, and even if you can manage to get past that (which I haven't yet) the game keeps crashing apparently.

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=24231&page=128

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

It's £7.59 and the description was good so I gave in and got it. Awesome fun, especially as it prints little graphs out for you and showed when I changed gear etc. Very good!

So you have to tell it the weight of the car to get hp data? Also what mount do you use?

SG9 Forester STi

So you have to tell it the weight of the car to get hp data? Also what mount do you use?

You input the weight of the car and the estimated drive train loss (i included the weight of me and a passenger).

As above I had someone in the car to hold the phone steady which was an advantage.

It records you're 0-60, G force (lateral, acceleration and braking) and shows your peaks on both using graphs.

Then it sticks them down as averages on each run and saves them so you can compare. Also tells you you're 0-10 up to 60 times as well as your estimated 1/4 mile time, max speed, max acceleration and peak horsepower.

It's well worth the money and good fun.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

So to get accurate results you need to take the car to a weigh bridge? I'm sure a local scrappy would do it for a drink. I might sound like a total noob here, but whats estimated drive train loss? oh and I just read on something I found on google, if you set it at 0 you get estimated hp at the wheels.

SG9 Forester STi

Yes, to get accurate figures you'd have to get the car weighed but just to get a few go's on it, i took the weight from the haynes manual then deducted the 50kg that i've stripped from it and added the combined weight of me and my passenger and that gave figures that were definitely believable.

Its the estimated power loss through the drivetrain (i.e. transmission, driveshafts etc) so the loss in HP from the engine to the wheels. They say it's usually between 15-20% so I stuck mine in at a 20% loss. If that makes any sense lol.

It calculates your both figures iirc without changing anything.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf

cool, cheers for the help, definately something I'll be buying, when I can find the time to play with it.

SG9 Forester STi

No problem, you'll definitely enjoy it. Put it this way, I got my 3GS on Saturday and have used the App around 10 times already lol!

DCi

tried copilot on the way to footy tonight and had no problems. i'll give it a pop on the motorway tomorrow and see if it's still good. not bad for £26

Citroen DS3 DSport

A classic arrives on the iPhone, Dragon's Lair.

I may give Ace Combat Xi a try.

E87 118d M Sport

EA have some off a different game each day til xmas. there will be some good deals there i hope. they have some good games out!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its not bad, dont think its in the UK store yet.

Ive tested it a couple of times and its worked ok, but you have to speak properly.

Citroen DS3 DSport

Tom Clancy's HAWX available now for £3.99

[YOUTUBE]DGo_6lNge0Q[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
  DCi

i just got the sky+ app.

soooo much easier than txting my mum then having her ring me asking how sky + works every time i forget to record something :D

dk

911 GTS Cab

F1 2009 coming next week!

Developer Codemasters has announced that F1 2009 is on its way to iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
According to the studio, the game features all 10 teams, 20 drivers and 17 circuits from the 2009 FIA Formula One World Championship. The game was previously released for the Wii and the PSP.
Players will race against the clock in two modes of play, Time Trial and Endurance. The former involves breaking the record time, while the latter is based on both speed and consistency over 6, 9 or 12 laps.
Steering is said to be accelerometer-based, with virtual buttons used to activate throttle, brake and KERS. An online leaderboard will also be supported to record players' best times.
F1 2009 will be available through the App Store from next week.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Has anyone got Doodlejump?

Got a score of 24k last night. Addictive little thing.