ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS "must have" apps

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I didn't pay for it, but it's pretty good! Only tested it a couple of times though. A friend said it got him from Madrid to the front door of his hotel in Seville with ease, much better than his previous tomtom he had in his car.

Goliath I
Some of them sound pretty cool!

I had the movie fx one before, showed a car smashing onto the road outside to my nan and she shat herself thinking it was real!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've got copilot. Had it years. Really rate it. Lots of freedom to change the settings etc personal to you.

I can spunk £20 on many things but it seems alot for an app for some reason. I think because I use m8 sat Nav or google maps I can't value copilot yet.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
iPetw*tcher is really good. Although I did abuse it earlier by hiding my iPad mini in my mums handbag and waiting until she went out then connected to it and started making ghost noises lol :clown:

Last edited:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I can spunk £20 on many things but it seems alot for an app for some reason. I think because I use m8 sat Nav or google maps I can't value copilot yet.

It is superior to google maps by a long way.

If you already have a sat nav then little pointin itreally. But for a sat nav that is just as good as tomtom for £20... Bit of a bargain.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
It is superior to google maps by a long way.

If you already have a sat nav then little pointin itreally. But for a sat nav that is just as good as tomtom for £20... Bit of a bargain.

M8 satnav is pretty good and that's free. Ill have a ponder

DCi
If I remember rightly Co Pilot live doesn't use as much data as google maps but its been a while since I used it. Gonna give it another try

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Co pilot shouldn't use any as it downloads the maps. I have uk and france installed.

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG
I think I've posted it before but it's worth posting again. Sygic Navigation is a f**king awesome app. So many features, so reliable and just so damn good. Best nav software on iOS.

Only thing wrong with it is the text to speech voices are s**t, but the rest of the voices are great.

Downloaded this and its absolute tripe! I put in a Postcode, it said searching and got to 100% 5 times, then just went back to the map screen without finding the postcode. Tried a different postcode, did same thing. When it did finally find somewhere, the route was as random as you could get. I tried searching for nearby supermarkets, said the nearest was 50 mile away and was a Sainsburys. Theres as Asda without walking distance, tesco 5 mile away. Looks great and sounds good but just doesn't seem to work properly for me.

I need something reliable with downloadable maps sharpish as well, off to Italy for 3 weeks soon! Not sure what to get!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That's weird. I've been using it solidly for 3 years now, and not once has it sent me the wrong way. Even on big trips to Scotland etc it's been 100% reliable.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I recommend 'Joystick Mapper' for anyone who plays games on there MBP and wants to use a controller. I've been using my wired 360 controller on my MBP to play COD4 and it's so much better than using the keyboard.

Tried Cycloramic on my 4S. The vibrate didn't work so had to move it by hand. It did one pic fine but now it just keeps asking for my apple password again and again. Won't let me switch to handsfree mode

Goliath I
If anything like Real Racing 3, expect to get bent over by IAP.

£2.99 to unlock the 'premium version'. You have to sign up to Origin to play anything else.

I've gone off the games now, especially EA. You no longer seem to pay a set price, rather its cheap or free then f**king nailed to buy extra s**t to progress.

Been playing that for ages and never spent a penny...

Im 46% complete and have hit a wall, either tediously earn 1.7million RS or pay up £35+ for a car that will need upgrading nearly straight away and only work in 2 series.

c**ts indeed, no wonder they were voted most hated company in America.

1.8 Civic EX
Remember Tiny Tower? Well be prepared to get addicted all over again in a Star Wars fashion as Tiny Death Star is now available :)