ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3 - Released March 16th. Pre-Orders start 7th March

are those gel skins just stickers?

Pretty much, very very good for what they are though. It stayed completely stuck down for 18 months of daily use, travelled around the world, had a cat that frequently liked sitting on it etc! No tatty edges or anything. When I sold it I just pealed it straight off, the actual iPad shell underneath still looked as good as the day I bought it.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i wasnt knocking them, i was merely asking because ive got a bit of white cf vinyl left that im gonna attempt to stick to it lol unless you can buy a cf gel skin?

got any pics of yours? the corners in particular, all the photos ive seen of vinyls have really weird corners

got any pics of yours? the corners in particular, all the photos ive seen of vinyls have really weird corners

It rounds off quite nicely in the corners, it doesn't actually fully wrap over (back and front are separate)

5357008557_90887597c7_b.jpg

iPad Gelaskin by Harry_S, on Flickr

Here's a pic on Flickr showing the rear...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gelaskins-polska/4838046232/

Mk2 Golf GTI
Clever! Shame they're not rugged enough for what I'd need. Defo want a hardshell for mine as I'll be using it at gym and possibly for controlling my Serato Scratch Live DJ software.

Has anyone ever used a tripod with their iPad?

I'm thinking of getting one if the camera's half decent just for filming stuff for my fitness blog. Doesn't need to be amazing quality but I'm guessing it will still be good as it's 1080p?. Is it the same as the 4S camera?

What about the mic? Would I need an external for decent sound?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Clever! Shame they're not rugged enough for what I'd need. Defo want a hardshell for mine as I'll be using it at gym and possibly for controlling my Serato Scratch Live DJ software.

Has anyone ever used a tripod with their iPad?

I'm thinking of getting one if the camera's half decent just for filming stuff for my fitness blog. Doesn't need to be amazing quality but I'm guessing it will still be good as it's 1080p?. Is it the same as the 4S camera?

What about the mic? Would I need an external for decent sound?

use both.

the vinyl to protect the 'finish' and the case to protect the device.

because s**t still gets in the case and scratches the device... my iphone is scratched to s**t off it. so i vinyld it :)

serious question: what is the potential of the products (specifically the iphone)

the main reason i like apple products is simply because they work. isnt the 'idea' behind apple products to make a device which is intuitive and user friendly... and then make it class leading? (not the case with the ipad)

thats an incredibly big selling point for me :)

well for example i was talking to my mates sister who is still in secondary school, and she was saying how much she wanted a iphone, as a lot of her friends had one and i asked her why she wanted one, and she literally said because they are cool.

i presume a lot of young teenagers think the same way when they are in school as there is pressure to keep in trend.

i dont think they understand the multitude of what can be easily done on a iPhone for example drop boxing files, emailing, and various geeky enhancements that make life so much easier.

where as kids see it as a Facebook status updater, with an Mp3 player on it, but granted the games make it great. but £500 price tag for being "cool" surpasses me

Listerine & Poledo
Sorry, my bad.

Thought you made it sound like the iPhone/pad could do stuff nothing else could hope to. Of course, this is not the case.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
well for example i was talking to my mates sister who is still in secondary school, and she was saying how much she wanted a iphone, as a lot of her friends had one and i asked her why she wanted one, and she literally said because they are cool.

i presume a lot of young teenagers think the same way when they are in school as there is pressure to keep in trend.

i dont think they understand the multitude of what can be easily done on a iPhone for example drop boxing files, emailing, and various geeky enhancements that make life so much easier.

where as kids see it as a Facebook status updater, with an Mp3 player on it, but granted the games make it great. but £500 price tag for being "cool" surpasses me

i understand entirely, my little brother wants one 'because its an iphone' which i suppose is a valid excuse lol.

will you explain drop boxes to me because im lazy and google is allllll the way up there^ :(

i understand entirely, my little brother wants one 'because its an iphone' which i suppose is a valid excuse lol.

will you explain drop boxes to me because im lazy and google is allllll the way up there^ :(

Dropbox is cloud based storage, but basically hard copies are downloaded to any device which has you account logged into it and as soon as you put something in the dropbox folder on for instance your mac/pc, it will apear on all your other devices,

but if you use a computer without the application installed you can go to the website and download and upload files and it will sync the rest of the devices again, you can also share folders on your computer via the internet with other people,

great for clients as you can put a file in locally and it will download automatically there end so they can instantly see it

If I got an iPad, it would be used probably only when I go on holiday/visit family.

That being said, is it better to just get the iPad 2 now it's gone down in price, or get the 3?

Probably won't be using the 3G capabilities tbh.

From what I can see, other than it performing a bit faster, the screen is the only thing I'd really take advantage of. Wouldn't use it for taking any photos etc.

Rav4
From what I can see, other than it performing a bit faster, the screen is the only thing I'd really take advantage of. Wouldn't use it for taking any photos etc.

I think anyone taking pictures walking down the road or whatever would look like a right tool with an iPad. :)

Due to a few issues with my orders last night/today, my order history is showing as 5 x iPads ordered, and 3 x ATVs.

Managed to cancel 2 x iPads and 2 x ATVs.

Good result that there only £329 from apple

And £289 for an Apple refurb now :eek:

I see they've run out of the launch allocation already (now you can pre-order for deliveries 'after March 18th'), will be interesting to know what the take-up is as I'm sure there are a lot of people like myself who only upgrade every other time.

MkV Golf R32
Ordered mine just before 6:00pm, got the email saying delivery on the 16th. Let's hope it comes that day, they must of only just ran out of their allocation or 6:00pm was the cut off time for delivery on the 16th.