ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3 - Released March 16th. Pre-Orders start 7th March

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Ordered at 00:30 on the 8th (took me 20 times to get the order through !!)

A couple nice 64gb + 4G's on their way to me.. bring on the Retina goodness :D

MkV Golf R32
Just checked my tracker number and apparently my order is in Hinckley already. Whether or not this is correct I am not to sure. Mines being delivered by syncreon by the way.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Just checked my tracker number and apparently my order is in Hinckley already. Whether or not this is correct I am not to sure. Mines being delivered by syncreon by the way.
where are you checking it and what order numbers are you using, i can't see to get it to work?

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, this is strange, just had an email from euro.apple.com saying:

Dear Apple Customer,Thank you for shopping at the Apple Store online.
Unfortunately your attempt to place an Order with us has been unsuccessful.
Your credit card has been authorised and we are in the process of reversing this authorisation. Please contact your bank directly to confirm when the authorization will be cancelled.
If you would like to place an order with us please call one of our Sales Representatives on 0845 600 1683 who will be more than happy to facilitate this for you.
Kind regards,
Apple Online Store

but the order number in the subject is not the order number in my profile i have for the iPad.

When i first saw the email i was majorly pissed off, but i now have no idea what its for as i don't recognise the order number.

Maybe when i was trying to buy one on the site, i nearly got through about 25 times and it always failed on the payment screen, maybe i nearly ordered a load of iPads? but i didn't get any more emails that the one i still have in my apple account as having shipped.

It also looks like an apple email, but the address is not one i have received an email from before.

MkV Golf R32
where are you checking it and what order numbers are you using, i can't see to get it to work?

I used this link

https://seal.syncreon.com/synview-o...ESSIONID=E9EC82FA-6C6F-BCBC-11E1-6CA87364422A

Then got my tracking number off the apple email by following the track shipment links. It will also ask you for another number which is the additional number above the tracking number. (additional order number)

If that makes sense.

As for your email, that seems a little strange as it doesn't state your name at the beginning of the email, does it request any info from you?

S3, Polo
@DK >>>>> "Authorisation" spelled differently in two consecutive sentences? I doubt Apple would be that careless.

Last edited:

dk

911 GTS Cab
cheers, mine is saying hinckley too, and good point about my name, all the other emails from apple use my first and last name.

It doesn't ask for any info, just to call the number if i want to buy something. So its either a mistake, or a scam or someone has tried to use my card to buy something and they've found its not me. Looked online at my credit card and its got the iPad order taken out, no other payments though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
@DK >>>>> "Authorisation" spelled differently in two consecutive sentences? I doubt Apple would be that careless. Smells phishy to me.

Also, why don't they refer to you by either your christian or surname? Surely Apple have both???

another good point, but why the email, theres no link to follow. The footer of the email is also not the apple one. I wonder if the number listed is the apple one?

dk

911 GTS Cab
its the right number for customer services, on the email there are also two buttons, for order status and help.

can't remember whether i clicked on the order status one, hmmm, might change my apple password just in case! I was already logged into my apple account so i didn't enter it again. Now can't decide whether to click it again to see where it takes me.

just followed the link on my iPad and it takes me to the store.apple.com/uk so its definitely the right link and already has my username displayed. Very strange. If the order didn't go through properly, then maybe they don't have a name which is why they put apple customer. might ring customer services tomorrow to see what the sketch is.

Last edited:
  MkV Golf R32
Ahhh got to work on Friday now so I am going to miss the delivery. Shame I can't change the delivery address now.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Is anyone able to track who has had theirs shipped by UPS?

By track, I mean on the UPS website.

Audi S1
UPS are pretty poor when it comes down to Apple goods. I think the only time you can track is when it's delivered - was the case with my iMac :(

Inferno 182 CUP
Incorrect.

UPS are also the best. You cannot track until it becomes a 1ZW number or similar and this doesn't happen until Apple physically hand the shipment to UPS. Probably Thursday night.

You know it's coming Friday why do you need to track it geeks?

dk

911 GTS Cab
ok, this is strange, just had an email from euro.apple.com saying:

but the order number in the subject is not the order number in my profile i have for the iPad.

When i first saw the email i was majorly pissed off, but i now have no idea what its for as i don't recognise the order number.

Maybe when i was trying to buy one on the site, i nearly got through about 25 times and it always failed on the payment screen, maybe i nearly ordered a load of iPads? but i didn't get any more emails that the one i still have in my apple account as having shipped.

It also looks like an apple email, but the address is not one i have received an email from before.

Further to this, I've just received a similar email from the same email address and the same formatting as the one I thought was dodgy above and this one contains a PDF of my receipt for my new iPad, so the email was not dodgy, I just still have no idea where this failed order came from, the order number seems old as it starts with a much lower number to what they are on now.

I changed my apple I'd password anyway to make sure.
anyone else received a PDF receipt from this euro.apple.com?

I got an email from DO_NOT_REPLY_con_en @ euro.apple.com. It was for a duplicate order (ordered 2, then another two were ordered by mistake).

I got my PDF receipt too, for the proper order.

You can see if an iPad serial has been assigned to your name already; https://supportprofile.apple.com

Last edited:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have a pdf for a previous order from

do_not_reply@euro.apple.com

Heres the header..
Delivered-To: mymailReceived: by 10.229.250.14 with SMTP id mm14cs7280qcb; Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:19:44 -0800 (PST)Received: by 10.68.130.201 with SMTP id og9mr27176678pbb.61.1328969983720; Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:19:43 -0800 (PST)Return-Path: <do_not_reply@euro.apple.com>Received: from bz.apple.com (redstreak.apple.com. [17.151.62.54]) by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id e6si13734073pbj.0.2012.02.11.06.19.43 (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=RC4-MD5); Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:19:43 -0800 (PST)Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of do_not_reply@euro.apple.com designates 17.151.62.54 as permitted sender) client-ip=17.151.62.54;Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of do_not_reply@euro.apple.com designates 17.151.62.54 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=do_not_reply@euro.apple.comMIME-version: 1.0Content-type: multipart/mixed; boundary="Boundary_(ID_5ws1FvYpC98WyLpwwhnMKw)"Received: from penfold ([17.34.124.75]) by bz.apple.com (Oracle Communications Messaging Server 7u4-23.01(7.0.4.23.0) 64bit (built Aug 10 2011)) with ESMTP id <0LZ8009ZMFSTJL10@bz.apple.com> for mymail; Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:19:41 -0800 (PST)Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 06:19:41 -0800 (PST)From: Apple <do_not_reply@euro.apple.com>Reply-to: do_not_reply@euro.apple.comSubject: =?UTF-8?Q?Your_Apple_Store_Billing_Document_Number_9070317530?=To: mymailMessage-id: <2256938.11052.75134971.1328969981.420.0@apple.com>

dk

911 GTS Cab
That's the one, ive not bought anything off the apple website before, my iPads and iPhones have been in store purchases.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I got an email from DO_NOT_REPLY_con_en @ euro.apple.com. It was for a duplicate order (ordered 2, then another two were ordered by mistake).

I got my PDF receipt too, for the proper order.

You can see if an iPad serial has been assigned to your name already; https://supportprofile.apple.com

Yep, I have a serial number!

iPad (3rd generation) Wi-Fi

Looks like the name has changed to 3rd generation!

Fiesta ST
Just had a call from Apple to say I will get my order on the 16th!! how strange, online store still says processing though.

200 Gordini
I've got a buyer for my white 32gb at £325, does this seem decent enough?

I'll be queuing up for mine on Friday I think, I'll be at the Solihull store.

Last edited:
I've been iPad-less for 1 week now, I clearly used it more than I realised.

Looking forward to tomorrow's delivery now.

Not a big enough change for me to upgrade from my iPad 2 IMO. Quicker, better camera, crisper....just the usual shenanigans.

My order on the Apple site has updated with a proper UPS tracking number which works on their website. Of no interest to me as I won't be in for the delivery anyway, will be doing a 60 mile round trip to the Depot on Saturday morning to collect it!