ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 3 - Released March 16th. Pre-Orders start 7th March

Mini Cooper S sport
Today's purchases.

Did you take that photo on an Apple device? Not very good quality ;)

ZOMG don't you know how hard delivery drivers jobs are.

They don't have time to ring your doorbell

Demand is high and they are stretched companies make little money nowadays

/deeg

Actual LOL. Bless Deeg.

I set mine up as a new iPad, and the first issue I had was the sky sports app, said I already had too many devices, so I pressed reset and then after a few times it let me log in.
then went to sky go and tried the same but it said I already had 2 devices registered (iPhone and iPad 2?) and I had already made all the changes I could this month, pants.
then I tried sky plus app, it's been f**ked by retina, just doesn't work on grid view :(

And yet Apple is great.

I hate Apple.

(and I have an MPB which I have to use for work, and will soon have an iPhone for work too *sigh*)

My MPB has to run Windows because the programme I need to do my job only works on Windows..! Such a waste of time. I also leave it plugged in at work because it takes an eon to boot up.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I got the same with Sky Go - which is odd as I've only used it on my iPhone before.

Speaking of which, my iPhone now feels like a child's toy after mucking about with this for the past few hours.

I loved how it automagically downloaded every app I've got on my iPhone. Oh and the screen, I love that too. It's rediculously good.

Fixed it, went to the sky website, went to the go section, signed in, chose the settings menu and then there's a manage device section, just removed my old iPad and all is now good so I'm in again!

Just need them to sort out the sky+ app now.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I was just going to say you should be able to fix that on the web interface. The Sky+ app is indeed broken, hope they update soon.

A quick picture I took last night, showing the slight colour differences. Doesn't bother me, although some at AVF are complaining.

All at 100% brightness. 2 x 4s, 2 x new iPad.

f76a1ad8.jpg

And yet Apple is great.

I hate Apple.

(and I have an MPB which I have to use for work, and will soon have an iPhone for work too *sigh*)

My MPB has to run Windows because the programme I need to do my job only works on Windows..! Such a waste of time. I also leave it plugged in at work because it takes an eon to boot up.

1) Sky App is the responsibility of Sky. Nothing to do with Apple.

2) It's MBP.

3) You've either broken it, it's hella old or it's Windows.

4) The iPhone is the best phone available. You'll realise this when you actually use one.

dk

911 GTS Cab
I don't personally think the battery life is as good on first impressions. I never normally notice it going down but I can see it dropping pretty quickly. I'll give it a few charges to see if it improves, but I don't think it's quite as good at the moment.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I don't personally think the battery life is as good on first impressions. I never normally notice it going down but I can see it dropping pretty quickly. I'll give it a few charges to see if it improves, but I don't think it's quite as good at the moment.

I have noticed this too :(

The battery definitely isn't as good for me, comparing to the 2.

I've done a couple of comparison tests this morning, and I'm very impressed with the screen and 1080p content. Used Handbrake to convert.

ATV2 Default (720p) setting in Handbrake vs. ATV2 setting, plus CQ @ 18.5, and dimensions at 1920x800 (1080p):

6843397704_d0e3878187_b.png

720p by vCJv, on Flickr
6843384262_cd8dbc0cf0_b.png

1080p by vCJv, on Flickr

Looks awesome on ATV3 too.

Picked mine up this morning, rocked up to the UPS branch at 8am (opening time) to find nobody there, phoned customer services who ended up putting me onto the Regional Manager or something (who was livid!)...eventually at 9:30 the woman arrives to open up. Considering I had driven 40 miles there was no way I was leaving without my iPad! She was on the phone getting a bollocking as I left, fun morning!

Anyhooow, coming from an iPad (1) it's one heck of an upgrade, the speed and smoothness is something else, it also feels quite a bit smaller. The screen is ridiculous, it's very obvious which icons (and Apps) have been optimized, comparing the iPhoto icon to the 500px one for example...night and day.

but 1920x800 isn't 1080p, thats 800p....surely?

what was the source?

It is 1080p. 1920x1080 is full screen, while 1920x800 is excluding the black bars (which most movies have) top and bottom.

Same for 720p stuff, but I can't remember the dimensions.

The source was 1920x800 too. A lot of animation is 1920x1080 though.

Mini Cooper S sport
1) Sky App is the responsibility of Sky. Nothing to do with Apple.

2) It's MBP.

3) You've either broken it, it's hella old or it's Windows.

4) The iPhone is the best phone available. You'll realise this when you actually use one.

Do you have a klaxon that goes off every time someone says something bad about Apple?

I30N, LS430, 197
I didn't notice any shortage, went to currys Aintree at 6pm last night, they had all colours and specs in stock! Wasn't even planning on getting one!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Solar walk looks amazing on this screen. My dad couldnt get over it earlier when I showed him

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Am I the only one that can't see the difference between the two horse pictures above?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I looked at the 'new iPad' next to an iPad 2 today and you could slightly tell the difference, I'm talking writing was very slightly cleaner, and pictures slightly clearer but would I sell the 2 to buy one? Personally no.

Citroen DS3 DSport
The new iPad displays text far clearer than the iPad 2 did. When I bought the iPad 2 my first comment when powering it on was how crap the screen clarity was compared to my iPhone 4. That issue has now been fixed, the leap in screen tech is huge.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Out of interest, the people saying they can't tell a difference between the pics, are they looking at them from an iPad 1 or 2 rather than a 3rd Generation.

I think anyone who has upgraded from a 2 to a 3 has far too much money. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's basically the same with a fancy screen. And at the distance you use an iPad, I can't really see how the screen is THAT beneficial.

Bus w**ker
Faster processor and more RAM as well Dan, but that said I agree. It's no huge leap from the 2 to the 3, much like the 1 to the 2, and only those that have to have the latest will be rushing out for it.

I've still not got around to buying one, always found better things to spend my money on, but I can't lie and say I dot want one just have no need. Thought the 3 would blow me away with improvements and I'd end up pre-ordering, same I though prior to the 2 launch event, but still it's just a bit meh. Dunno I might get one later in the year if I've got the spare cash or I might just hold out for the 4 a d see if they actually do improve on the 3 or if they're stuck for ideas how to.

All the comparison pics I've seen of the screen are really close up shots. Do you actually notice a difference in the screen at a 'normal' working distance? For me that's like 50cm or more.

All the comparison pics I've seen of the screen are really close up shots. Do you actually notice a difference in the screen at a 'normal' working distance? For me that's like 50cm or more.

Personally yes, significant difference, particularly with text. It's also much, much better for photo viewing / editing. I've just had a good look through a bunch of my Motorsport shots and it really does highlight the slightest flaws, I'm going to have less keepers as it will make me far more picky.

A few mentions on battery life, just watched over 2.5hrs of F1 on Sky Go (so Wifi, sound, full brightness) and it's dropped 10%. That's putting it inline with the 10hrs I always got previously.

Mk2 Golf GTI
Could someone do me a favour and download adobe reader and see if the PDF files are fragmented on it. I've tried the different view options but no dice.

It wouldn't be an issue but I have some DRM protected files that can only be opened with this app.

6d95890c-a49b-4c91.jpg