ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Mini

LY 182
I had a mess around with one in a store earlier this afternoon. It's nice, really nice. So much lighter and easier to handle. The screen is nicer than that of iPad 2, but very obviously not even close to the Retina display. Next to the iPad 3 (still on display), it noticeably fuzzy. Personally I couldn't live with it when I know it could (and soon will be) quite a lot better.

I do like the device, but it's not for me, not just yet. FF Retina all the way. Man-spec ;)

I totally get what you're saying. If I wasn't commuting then I would have definitely purchased the normal iPad for retina win.

I'm sure I'll upgrade the mini when the next one comes out.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Think I'm going to get the girlfriend one as it has iTunes U on it so will help her with uni work and will stop her constantly stealing my iPad when we're together.

I can't get over how lightweight it is.... I think I'll want to keep it for myself aha!!

It's got such an awesome battery hasn't it!

Need to get some syncronisation going with my MBP so I can make notes and edit powerpoints on the go, to then be used on the mac.

Any recommendations? Should I go with Pages/keynote and a dropbox account?

Edition 30
My sisters came today. Awesome fell to it.

Couldn't use it today as it's a present but should be good.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It's got such an awesome battery hasn't it!

Need to get some syncronisation going with my MBP so I can make notes and edit powerpoints on the go, to then be used on the mac.

Any recommendations? Should I go with Pages/keynote and a dropbox account?

I use Pages on both iPad Mini and iMac. Works flawlessly.

Had some proper quality time time to compare the models today: iPad 2 vs. iPad 4 vs. iPad Mini.

iPad 2 just looks s**t when compared to iPad 4. The screen is incredibly awful. iPad Mini pulls it off a little bit better due to be it being awesome in its own right, but the display still looks terrible compared to iPad 4.

The mini is going to be an awesome bit of kit when it goes retina.

Indeed. It will become fully awesome instead of close but no cigar. Personally I think I'll most likely stick with the full-sized machines, but my iPad usage is mainly in the home, so I don't need something super light and compact.

Found this on Amazon, doesn't look bad for £1.95, might give it a go for watching movies until some decent cases are released.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00A3KKL56/?tag=cliospnet01-21

71Pf6qFDRkL._AA1500_.jpg

61W0fNlrddL._AA1500_.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Decided on iPad with retina in the end and fought the temptation of the Black iPad Mini

You won't be disappointed Dave. It's an amazing machine. Which colour Retina did you go for? I chose white, as I think it looks magnificent. Although part of that probably comes from wanting a change from all my previous black iDevices.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
A full sized retina'd iPad with the body form of a mini is the ideal design/spec for the next big one (Will buy that for sure).

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Lack of borders on the big one. Better also if the black one had the slate rear also.

Current mini still rocks though.

DB.

BMW 440i
You won't be disappointed Dave. It's an amazing machine. Which colour Retina did you go for? I chose white, as I think it looks magnificent. Although part of that probably comes from wanting a change from all my previous black iDevices.

I went Black, had a few white iPhones in a row now, just went for a Black one and thought I'd compliment it with the Black iPad! Would look so much nicer with a slate back like the mini rather than silver, but oh well. Took advantage of the Black Friday discount!

Edit - Also the black works well when watching films etc, although there isn't much in it. Both colours look great regardless!

Suzuki Jimny
Update on my mini.

Bloody love it. Don't know why I didn't buy an iPad sooner. Can't get over how thin it is.

So do people reckon these replace a full size iPad yet? In the same way you can get away with a smaller sized laptop? Or do I need to wait for the inevitable retina version?

DB.

BMW 440i
Personally I don't see the point in buying the big one!

Up there with some of the stupidest comments on CS.

27" iMac > iMac Mini.
17" MBP when they used to be around > 13" MBP with poorer screen.
iPad with Retina > iPad Mini with poorer screen.

If the extra size isn't an issue, eg. Mini is probably better for commuting, then it makes sense to have the bigger one.

SRS?

iMac is a desktop right? Bigger is better.

iPad is for hand holding and like I said PERSONALLY I don't see the point in the bigger one. You can hold the mini with one hand for hours, the iPad is just a bit too cumbersome, personally ;)

When the mini has retina you'll all stop using the iPad large!

No we won't.
The fact remains the mini is an iPad for people who can't afford a proper one.
The Boxter of the iPad world shall we say.

(Apart possibly a few people who want a slightly smaller one for whatever reason)

Clio 172
SRS?

iMac is a desktop right? Bigger is better.

iPad is for hand holding and like I said PERSONALLY I don't see the point in the bigger one. You can hold the mini with one hand for hours, the iPad is just a bit too cumbersome, personally ;)

When the mini has retina you'll all stop using the iPad large!

Your chatting s**t.

I won't be getting a mini, I have a 2. I love the size of it. The mini is a good size yeah, but I wouldn't use it at home (think its too small)

Normal iPad is perfect, I'm gona upgrade to the 4 after Xmas.

As apposed to stop using the iPad (it's not a iPad large FFS, just call it an iPad, the mini is an iPad mini..) that's a stupid thing to say. I'd rather watch films, games, read books on a bigger screen.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
No we won't.
The fact remains the mini is an iPad for people who can't afford a proper one.
The Boxter of the iPad world shall we say.

That's almost certainly true in the iPad world.

Outside the iPad world it's not, I actually prefer the 7 inch form factor to the bigger form factors because it's more comfortable and easier to hold/use in one hand.

I must say having both retina and mini I use the mini a hell of a lot more than the retina. It's much more comfortable to use mainly because of the weight, it really makes the iPad feel a little cumbersome.