ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4S just died? :S

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Not sure what just happened to my 4S...

Not been used for an hour or so. I picked it up and it was absolutely boiling hot and wouldn't come on, I thought battery might have died but its been plugged in for a while now and nothing happening. I'm wondering if its overheated but not sure how its managed that with not being on sat in an air conditioned office all day.

Any suggestions or is it going to be a trip to f**king apple?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Let it cool down the iphone 4 used to lock down if it got too hot....

1. let it cool down

then

• Attach the phone to the pc
  • Turn the phone off
  • Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
  • Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
  • Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
  • At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
got it back on with the 2 button start...

I don't understand how it got so hot though, as I said it hadn't been touched in an hour and screen was off etc it wasn't plugged in was just sat on the side next to me.

There is something on the net about overheating on the 4s, mine doesnt overheat but the battery life is shocking, thats another issue on the net which people are complaining about

Citroen DS3 DSport
A friends 4S exhibited similar problems to yours and this was during a time when he had no mobile signal, I think the iPhone is increasing power to the antenna and causing it to burn hot. I've not noticed the same issue with my own 4S.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I had this on the Tube. Phone got mental warm, put it in airplane mode and it didn't do it.

Seems the antenna guys took no chances with this one, i havent had a dropped call once.