ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Insurance

AK

M240i
Right, I did have a search but nothing conclusive..

iPhone is the first phone i've ever insured, it's just too expensive to replace atm..

Who does everyone use for insurance?

It's currently done through my bank but @ £9.50 i'm assuming it can be cheaper elsewhere?

I'm considering getting another account open at another bank.. maybe one that's 9.50 pcm but comes with Breakdown cover etc as well?

182FF with cup packs
if you're on orange, just get OrangeCare.

It's £6 a month, and they will generally replace within 24 hours.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
if you're on orange, just get OrangeCare.

It's £6 a month, and they will generally replace within 24 hours.

They double it for iphones though :(

I was going to go through a different insurance company but they all had £100 excess and no quick turnarounds, and my bank max out at £300 cover most of which is excess anyway. Orange care gives you £15 excess and 48 hour turnaround but it is pricey, i've only kept it because I'm in loads of credit with orange.

AK

M240i
Shame..

Remember, this is only available when you buy your mobile at The Carphone Warehouse and you must sign-up within 30 days of purchase.

From Geek Squad :(

Bux

Golf GTD
I was paying for O2's iPhone insurance (£10 per month), but now ive upgraded my lloyds tsb account to a silver account. For £3 for the first 2 months and £7.95 per month after i get phone insurance, breakdown cover and other stuff.

AK

M240i
Aye I had a look at lloyds one just there.. I may go for that.

What's the excess on the mobile insurance and is there any conditions on the breakdown cover?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi

Im paying £13.99 on my 32Gb iphone 3gs with Geeksquad, i find it expensive tbh, but only took it as i was getting 6months free. But theve done a mistake so im in the process of claiming about £70ish back from them.

Mini Cooper S
Natwest £13 a month, iPhone insurance inc. 2 claims per year. Green flag cover, unltd travel insurance and loads of other bits and pieces.

AK

M240i
Was searching through money saving expert last night for insurance..

there was an article about phone insurance and i've decided to go with the "self-insure"

It's basically were you put £x a month into a savings account to cover the cost of the phone. If you don't lose it then the money's yours.. if you do then you've got cash.

Only problem is if you lose it before you've got enough money to replace it.. but considering i've not lost a phone yet (touch wood) this seems the best way to go..

Bux

Golf GTD
Was searching through money saving expert last night for insurance..

there was an article about phone insurance and i've decided to go with the "self-insure"

It's basically were you put £x a month into a savings account to cover the cost of the phone. If you don't lose it then the money's yours.. if you do then you've got cash.

Only problem is if you lose it before you've got enough money to replace it.. but considering i've not lost a phone yet (touch wood) this seems the best way to go..

The other problem you've got with that is its not just losing your phone, its also if it gets damaged

AK

M240i
Aye true.

I'm pretty good with my phones tho..

Ach we'll see. I may just send the butler out to get a replacement just now, just in case..