ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod classic alternative?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I want to store all my music in a single, portable location so I can dispense with the multiple towers of CDs cluttering up the house.

Are there any credible alternatives to the iPod classic?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Are you selling or binning your CDs or just putting them in the loft ?

;)

There are others, but the world is set up for iPods now. Why bother with anything else ?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
How about an external harddrive?

Or itunes match and an ATV2

Listerine & Poledo
I can't fault my 80gb classic, plugs into all my stereo sets and the car.

THey're hardly expensive anymore either

You're going to need to rip it all to a computer anyway.

So buy an ExtHD and put it all on there. Then just buy whatever size iPod you think you need for carrying around day-to-day.

Listerine & Poledo
Well, yes, but if you only need 120gb (or whatever the big ones are these days) you can junt mount the iPod as a drive.

Have done for years, always worked fine

Mercedes SLK350
I was looking for a large storage device to copy all my cds to, and the 160gig ipod classic appears to have enough capacity.

Then I read that Apple are going to phase out the ipod classic, so I started looking at the ipod touch. Problem is this does not come with enough storage at the moment. As soon as Apple release a 128gig touch, which is rumoured, then I will consider this option.

As I'm a bit behind times can someone tell me what is involved to get the contents of a cd onto an ipod touch?

Sorry for the hijack.