ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a Throttle Bodied Clio Worth It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio 172 Cup!
Nice Car! but I will not be fiting ITB's to mine 2k is a lot of cash when the time is right sell mine for 4g and spend the 2k also on my next car! some thing with a turbo you cant beat the turbo rush of power! dont kid your self's;) But for now my little 172 cup will have to do! But is just a bit to small having two kids and may be for sale soon a Type-R may be next! or e36 M3 Piston Heads here I come!! Lol! :D

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
0-60 in 4 seconds you say? easy :) my little Clio eats RA's, P1's, STI's, and Evo FQ360's for breakfast :cool:

more fun playing with Maserati's, Ferrari's and bikes tbh

53 Clio's & counting
No Clio on in the world would have had my Type-Ra in a race straight Line or Twisty road end of stop Dreaming! Show me a Clio that can Do 0-60 in 4 Sec’s or around 4secs then it might have a chance! I now own a 172 cup yes its good and cheap to run but defo is not a Scooby killer and never will be! Not even with a turbo / nitrous / Tb's No No No! :nono:

Well that Tb'd white Clio used to run 13.1 1/4's, and it definately had a 12 in it with stickier tyres, what would the scooby in, high 12's low 13's id imagine? If a mitsi fq400 runs high 12's id say that Martins old Clio wouldn't be to far off an Ra?

Not putting an Ra down at all, as they are fantasic machines, but obviously that Clio had alot of money thrown at it

Clio 172 Cup!
330 bhp 315Ibft Ra will run late 11s to 12sec 1/4's all day long!:cool: Never got beat by any other car off the lights the are super car beater! and you can get a nice one for around 4k ;)

images901975_choiga03.jpg

williams and trophy
Must of been crap Ra mine was 300bhp per ton :evil: would of left yer for Dead! :lolup:

sideways danny! That Ph1 looks sweet is that your car m8 that must sound Wicked! Me Likey a lot!:cool:

well i hope itd do a little bit better than the 2 at the start of this vid ;)

[youtube]mWiV5zFTbys[/youtube]

and just for good measure. vs a 300+ bhp 2wd cossie ;)

[youtube]4sHSPoJKjt4[/youtube]

so yeah. even with pretty minimal mods. the little clios can hold their own against 'supposed' better/faster/newer machinery. underestimate them at ur peril.

williams and trophy
330 bhp 315Ibft Ra will run late 11s to 12sec 1/4's all day long!:cool: Never got beat by any other car off the lights the are super car beater! and you can get a nice one for around 4k ;)

i can garauntee id get kung fu spags car into the 12s. easily. the mildly cammed williams would have dipped into the 13s had the shite kent cams not exploded.

with bodies, as russ says, theyl b low 13s poss dipping into 12s.

the charged car is much much quicker than that tho.

Clio 172 Cup!
That was just a fat heavy new age wrx with a sti spoiler and a gay driver! The Cossie must have been having a bad day or just be a clapped out bin! I got a 172 Cup and to me it feels slow the car is well over rated! in my eyes :rolleyes: When I see a Clio win ten of the best then I will have respect! Till then it is just a cheap to run little hot that is a bit of fun till the next proper sports car! And thats it at the end of the day! it is what it is and nowt more!

Clio 172 Cup!
I give up! You Clio is the fastest car ever made! How many Hp was this super car slaying Clio then!

Use this to work it out;) Type in any car you know and compare! its bang on!
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp

Standard 172 170bhp @ 997Kg typed in and its bang on!
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 170Weight without Driver (KG) : 997Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 173.250 - 60 (Secs) : 6.380 - 100 (Secs) : 16.6460 - 100 (Secs) : 10.26Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.81Terminal Speed (MPH) : 94.34Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 14.61Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 96.02

My old Type-Ra 328bhp 1170Kg
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 328Weight without Driver (KG) : 1170Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 284.840 - 60 (Secs) : 3.720 - 100 (Secs) : 9.8160 - 100 (Secs) : 6.09Quarter Mile (Secs) : 12.39Terminal Speed (MPH) : 112.38Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 11.99Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 116.22

Night and day! Now post yours! it will take a 500hp Fwd Clio @ 997kg to match that! The Subaru type Ra is a true super car slayer!

Check the results against true results here this is a another good site
you can compare how quick the Clio's are to other fwd hot hatches and it is very good in its class! |But can not compare to turbo 4x4 Beasts

Fwd Chart
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/fwd.asp
4wd Chart
http://www.letstorquebhp.com/4wd.asp

I Like the Clio I would not have spent 4k on it! there are some wicked cars on here I love some of the Turbo builds they are a credit to there owners! and some thing different!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.