ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is my technique ok / product advise?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Off to halfords in a moment to buy some more cleaning stuff. I've been using meguires NXT shampoo and it lasts ages but have ready lots of comments that say it leaves the paintwork dull/smeary (which i can agree on after washing my girlriends ka for the first time the other day). Would the meguires gold class be much better or is there a better alternative.

I have the meguires clay kit which i used recently, AG SRP and EGP and a collenite wax. Is this stuff all ok for a beginner?

I also have a meguires polish (stage 2 iirc) but it seems difficult to buff off. Which is best out of SRP and the megs stuff?

Whats the best way to apply polish by hand. I've been using a microfibre pad and working it well into the paintwork (until i cant work it anymore - it becomes stiff on the paintwork). Then buff it off with a microfibre towel??

Waxing i use a foam applicator and apply with a side to side motion. Then let it set for 15-20 mins and buff off with a microfibre towel. Is this ok?

Thanks Tom

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Yeah everything your doing sounds good to me. I personally use gold class and have done for about a year now very good stuff to use. I also use SRP as its easy to work with. Only thing i can advise is getting some nice soft plush microfiber drying and detailing towels to buff excess polish/wax off.

to dry:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/miracle-dryer-ultra-plush-25-x-36-/prod_362.html

to polish and wax excess:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/eurow-shag-pile-double-density-towels/prod_436.html

Better than yours. C*nt.
Polish should be worked until it disappears. You're using too much if it's drying before you've finished working it.

Discounted 1*2 parts
cheers guys thats what i wanted to hear. i was also advised to spray the applicator pad lightly with detailer/water to avoid dust build up. is this recommended?

Bumder With A Buffer
It doesn't stop dust build up.

It makes it easy to glide over the paintwork. It's dry at first and can feel like its getting stuck.

Titanium 182
I always imagined it helped with panel temp too via machine but that could be just wishfull thinking.

Bumder With A Buffer
In a way. The polish is the lubricant (obviously)

If you just plonked some polish on a pad and started to pc you could well scratch the paintwork as some pads can be quite course.

R26
For my SRP i use the AG polish cloth, which to me is just like a bandage... is that any good? Seems to work fine like..