ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is my technique ok / product advise?

Discounted 1*2 parts
Off to halfords in a moment to buy some more cleaning stuff. I've been using meguires NXT shampoo and it lasts ages but have ready lots of comments that say it leaves the paintwork dull/smeary (which i can agree on after washing my girlriends ka for the first time the other day). Would the meguires gold class be much better or is there a better alternative.

I have the meguires clay kit which i used recently, AG SRP and EGP and a collenite wax. Is this stuff all ok for a beginner?

I also have a meguires polish (stage 2 iirc) but it seems difficult to buff off. Which is best out of SRP and the megs stuff?

Whats the best way to apply polish by hand. I've been using a microfibre pad and working it well into the paintwork (until i cant work it anymore - it becomes stiff on the paintwork). Then buff it off with a microfibre towel??

Waxing i use a foam applicator and apply with a side to side motion. Then let it set for 15-20 mins and buff off with a microfibre towel. Is this ok?

Thanks Tom

Clio mk3 1.2 Extreme
Yeah everything your doing sounds good to me. I personally use gold class and have done for about a year now very good stuff to use. I also use SRP as its easy to work with. Only thing i can advise is getting some nice soft plush microfiber drying and detailing towels to buff excess polish/wax off.

to dry:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-and-drying/miracle-dryer-ultra-plush-25-x-36-/prod_362.html

to polish and wax excess:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/eurow-shag-pile-double-density-towels/prod_436.html

Better than yours. C*nt.
Polish should be worked until it disappears. You're using too much if it's drying before you've finished working it.

Discounted 1*2 parts
cheers guys thats what i wanted to hear. i was also advised to spray the applicator pad lightly with detailer/water to avoid dust build up. is this recommended?

Bumder With A Buffer
It doesn't stop dust build up.

It makes it easy to glide over the paintwork. It's dry at first and can feel like its getting stuck.

Titanium 182
I always imagined it helped with panel temp too via machine but that could be just wishfull thinking.

Bumder With A Buffer
In a way. The polish is the lubricant (obviously)

If you just plonked some polish on a pad and started to pc you could well scratch the paintwork as some pads can be quite course.

R26
For my SRP i use the AG polish cloth, which to me is just like a bandage... is that any good? Seems to work fine like..